Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 11:33 AM

October 5th

Is the day the new price on the Lotto is launched, it will cost you £2 for a line.
Not the best of news but they will payout bigger jackpots, a brand new raffle with at least 50 guaranteed winners in every draw.
It will be £25 for matching 3 numbers, I think all this is to try and make our national lottery as a attractive as the Euro lottery.
I personally think it will do the opposite and drive people to use the Euro which is far bigger paying out huge prizes.
A shame really because of the heritage fund and other worthwhile causes receive.
Do you do the lottery and will you carry on using it now it has double in price?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 11:43 AM

Re: October 5th

Don't do the lottery never done the lottery won't waste my money .

I am a great believer in 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush' and would rather spend my £1 on something I can see now and have rather than on something there is the vaguest chance of my ever having .
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 12:01 PM

No. I won't be paying the hike in price.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 12:12 PM

Me neither.
I buy an occasional scratchcard, but that's about all.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 12:16 PM

Another never done it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 12:30 PM

People are strange, being seduced by ever bigger jackpots, don't matter how big the jackpot is if you've only got a 14 million to one chance of scooping it, viva the football pools.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Cant stand these big guns thinking we are driven by 'bigger' jackpots !
They should have got it right first time round, and shared the money better. Instead of obscene jackpots ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 01:52 PM

I never do it but the wife does it in the bookies, not the actual lottery, just numbers based on the lottery numbers, an awful lot of women go to the bookies now to do 'The Numbers', she'll never win millions but she's not greedy and at least her odds are better and she gets a few quid if she only gets 2 numbers up, you can even select one number and get 6 to 1 on it, she's fairly lucky with numbers and regularly gets good payouts, it owes her nothing and she enjoys it. I hate numbers and was never lucky with them, I'd sooner stick my 2 quid on a horse any day.
The lottery don't like this but can do nothing about it as more and more people do the numbers in the bookie shop, most folks are happy enough with modest winnings, like a bingo win, and not everyone wants to be a millionaire believe it or not. The bookies over here provide good employment with steady full time jobs all over the county and with horse racing betting on the decline this is a great boost for them, I'm glad for all the bookie staff, I've always found them to be polite, friendly, and fair to deal with.
When the lottery started over here first it was only once a week, now they have it twice a week and all sorts of other gimmicks like scratch cards and TV shows, once the greed sets in there's no end to it.
Sorry for rambling on.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 01:59 PM

I wont be doing it twice a week, bigger jackpots are no use if you never win.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Is the day the new price on the Lotto is launched, it will cost you £2 for a line.
Not the best of news but they will payout bigger jackpots, a brand new raffle with at least 50 guaranteed winners in every draw.
It will be £25 for matching 3 numbers, I think all this is to try and make our national lottery as a attractive as the Euro lottery.
I personally think it will do the opposite and drive people to use the Euro which is far bigger paying out huge prizes.
A shame really because of the heritage fund and other worthwhile causes receive.
Do you do the lottery and will you carry on using it now it has double in price?
Ha ha ha You stand more chance of being struck twice by lightning than winning a first division prize in lotto, in fact the odds of you winning are only marginally greater than someone who doesn't enter at all.

Having said that I buy 4 $5 tickets in the Lottery every fortnight with odds of 4.5 million to one to win the Jackpot. Hope springs eternal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top