Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 01:58 PM

Re: Swearing ....

I never swore in front of my parents... so I never got in trouble...

Words have power..only if we think they do. Some of the words you all use mean nothing at all to me.. Bloody is something that happens if you get popped in the nose.. It has no impact. NOW... the "F" word on the other hand.. Sometimes nothing sums up a situation or gives as much gratification as a well placed "F" Bomb. If not over used.. but reserved for very special occasions.. it feels really good... and certainly makes a point.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I never swore in front of my parents... so I never got in trouble...

Words have power..only if we think they do. Some of the words you all use mean nothing at all to me.. Bloody is something that happens if you get popped in the nose.. It has no impact. NOW... the "F" word on the other hand.. Sometimes nothing sums up a situation or gives as much gratification as a well placed "F" Bomb. If not over used.. but reserved for very special occasions.. it feels really good... and certainly makes a point.
Too f****** right it does .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:14 PM

I remember fetching the coal in for my Mum and tripping ov er the back step and sending the coal bucket flying all over the kitchen floor. I remember Mum saying "Look at all the mess you've made on my kitchen floor". I lost my temper and swore -only something about 'bloody floor' because I thought Mum should have helped me up first instead of moaning about her floor!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:14 PM

She said - if its not overused Mark ......
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
She said - if its not overused Mark ......
Oh f*** .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Oh Gawd ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:23 PM

Don't think I've ever actually said the "F" word, the nearest I've got is if I have been really, really worked up about something I might have said "effing" ...... without actually saying it properly.
Too good to be true, I am
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2013, 02:25 PM

You are gal - its come to me rescue a few times - have to admit .....
Hate the overuse of it tho' ... so very rarely say the blasted word .....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 02:26 PM

My mum and dad were quite strict at home and swearing was pretty much banned at home, although my parents occasionally used "sod", "bloody" and "bugger."
Imagine how shocked I was when my dad took me to work with him one day to the factory where he worked. Not only was the language seriously "industrial" - every other word was f***, but my dad was swearing as much as all his workmates. I wasn't shocked by the swearing (amongst my friends we swore just as much) but by the fact that it was my dad doing it!

One thing that has changed a lot over the years is that whereas people have always sworn amongst themselves, nowadays they seem to think it is OK to swear openly and loudly all the time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Yes especially on TV and films - which I personally hate and switch off ....

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top