Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 04:54 PM

Re: Paypal service

Yes, Pats I use it, it's ok! Believe me I'm the most wary person when paying on-line! Can't afford to lose any money!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Never had a problem with it.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 06:47 PM

I endorse what the others have said, no problem
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Never had a problem using it because I couldn't get it set up fully in the first place.

Having decided that I'd use an alternative method of payment, I then couldn't get it cancelled. Eventually, the only way was to complain about it and asked for my account to be deleted. This was eventually done and since then I've never tried to buy anything using Paypal.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Its great Pats ... but beware of scam emails pretending to be them ...make sure you check any emails you recieve from them before you give any info out
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I love to use it to pay for things online. You know instantaneously that the money was sent and received. It gives an immediate transaction number and there is recourse if not satisfied with purchase. I have never used it to receive money.

I'm the same as you Audrey, only use it to pay for goods ordered and never had any problems (touch wood).
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Unfortunately I had a major problem with them although I think it's not common but it does happen. They accused me of owing them quite a large sum of money which I did not as I have only ever bought a few goods and have paid for them before receiving the goods.

I refused to pay it and they put me into the hands of a receiver here in Australia. I had a hell of a job sorting it out as you can't speak to anyone - it's all automated and eventually I had to go to great lengths to find their phone number. I eventually discovered that they periodically trawl through any debts then sell them wholesale to a debt company which then tries every angle to get the money back and they had an email which was very similar to mine and had sent the bill to me in hopes that it was me and I would pay.In the end, after numerous letters and phone calls I wrote to the debt company and said come and get me if you want but I'm not paying it and they didn't get in touch again.

Paypal and ebay are one company and I then got a similar bill from ebay which I also had to spend ages sorting out. If you don't believe me look here:

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 12:24 AM

I like to pay on line with Paypal as it does offer some protection from the vendor if you get goods not as described or the vendor does not post them but you need to lodge a claim within 45 days.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 01:04 AM

I've had emails from Paypal - on my works computer - telling me I should update my details otherwise my account would be cancelled.

Fine by me, thinks I, as I've never had a Paypal account and never will trust online shopping.

Just the other day a friend of mine in Canada had ordered online which was paid for by credit card. On phoning the company because the item hadn't been delivered, she was told that they didn't ship to Canada, even though they'd accepted the order but, on her first discussion with customer services, she was told that they did!

So my friend rang her bank and the credit card company, and got the money refunded.

Nope, I don't trust the internet with these things and prefer to buy from a shop using my direct debit card.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Use it a lot to pay for things but they sting you with charges if you receive money and try to put it in your bank account. So it's good for buying not so good for receiving money.
I agree with this. Useless and expensive if you are a seller but convenient as a buyer.

Originally Posted by Abby ->
I like to pay on line with Paypal as it does offer some protection from the vendor if you get goods not as described or the vendor does not post them but you need to lodge a claim within 45 days.

When eBay first made it compulsory for sellers to offer Paypal as a form of payment (they are the same company) I had a problem with a seller over a few dollars for something (basically it didn't arrive being too cheap to be true). There was a lot of toing and froing but eventually Paypal refunded my money, they don't like doing it even though it is part of their guarantee. You have to be very persistent

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top