Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 12:09 PM

Re: How many email accounts do you have?

I have several - three with the same mailbox address (ie the bit before the @) with:

Hotmail
Gmail
Outlook

Then there is a one of my original gmail addresses (firstname and number) which I used exclusively for Google 'groups' and Youtube, now it is only used for the latter - I use the 'other' gmail account for my blog.

There is also an Outlook address with my real first and last name which I seized when M$ first started Outlook and retired Hotmail.

I also have an Outlook address and a Gmail address which I use as secretary of a couple of non profit organisations -strictly speaking they are not 'mine' because I would hand them over to my successor - but I originally set them up and they are in my name at the moment.

My ISP also supplies an email which I think I only ever use for Ebay who on such an address (ie non web based) but I use it for nothing else because if I change ISP it will no longer be mine.

All these addresses are accessible on my desktop computer via Thunderbird mail reader but only certain of them are available on my laptop, netbook and phone.

My main mail address is the Hotmail address which I use for most business, company and personal use and which is also my oldest one - not my first by any means but the oldest existing one.

So what is that... I have about 6 or 7 addresses in current use for different purposes like the provider's other services eg Drive, Calendar etc and 'just in case'.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 01:33 PM

I have two, both Yahoo.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 04:52 PM

I have three.

One came with my broadband - but I don't like/trust it - so it not used.
One in Hindi - used for contacting friends in India
Main one - googlemail - used all the time for everything.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Three, one I don't use cos I can't remember my user name let alone password, one for stuff like things which ask for an address but I don't want to bother with and one for friends and family, docs, dentist and ebay.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 05:54 PM

Five.
Reason...two for social,two for work-related,one for chess only.
It works for me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2018, 07:20 PM

I have two: an old Virgin Media address and a newer Gmail address.

I became fed up with the VM address, as it is slow to load and I'm obliged to go through a couple of pages before I can even access it.

Consequently, I opened a new Gmail account and this is much easier and quicker to open.

Most of my contacts now have my Gmail address.

I only use the VM address for when a web site needs me to provide an email address, and I don't really mind if I end up with junk email on that.

Having said that, I usually check it daily in case some old contact didn't learn about my new account.

I can certainly recommend Gmail.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top