Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 03:05 PM

Re: Could you sleep in a house if you knew it had mice?

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I wouldn’t bother me at all. A few years ago we had mice, I set three humane traps baited with peanut butter. Each morning I would take the traps and their contents out with me when walking the dog and release the mice in the fields. One trap even had two mice in it. The funny thing was that in the evenings a mouse would run across the lounge and my dog would lay and watch it.
Where we went on holiday once the cottage was infested with them, only problem we had sleeping was Duncan yorkie terrier would wake up when he heard them and go into hunting mode, sadly that meant a scream and then he'd go howling off to try and pull apart the skirting boards where the noises were coming from.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 04:31 PM

When work was being carried out on flats below me we started getting mice which are noisy little buggers. Put traps down but i was not happy with killing them so got a cat as the presence of a cat is enough to send the mice elsewhere.
This worked well until Millie decided that my mouse hunting skills needed attention so she started to bring back live prey for me to chase around the flat. So I have installed three humane traps around though in fairness they were not needed this year, perhaps Millie thinks my training has gone as far as it can.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:24 PM

Lol that amused me millie obviously too clever by half. One of our late cats used to bring us runner beans she would place them carefully on each step for us to find in the mornings. All same length and spaced neatly on the steps
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 06:54 PM

My mice have gone thanks to the mice repellents I bought.
vinylman65
east coast-u.s.a.
vinylman65 is male  vinylman65 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 10:08 PM

Yep...but the mice would have to have their own beds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 11:39 PM

I don't think it would bother me too much although the noise would probably keep me awake anyway.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Wots not to like.

Baby Woodmouse i found.

He looks so cute. I haven't seen a mouse since I was a small girl living on the farm. They usually stayed around the barn...

I don't think I would have any problems going to sleep knowing there was a mouse in the house, but I would be busy setting some traps asap.....I wouldn't want them to start having babies and using my cupboards for their meals.....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top