Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:07 PM

Re: New Members

It isn't always a good experience for everyone
I think the 'experience' is often down to each person and how they behave towards others .

Some people arrive here having fallen out with people on other sites and they bring their animosity with them instead of putting it to one side and starting afresh. They even remain in the same opposing groups .
Their behaviour spoils things for others.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think the 'experience' is often down to each person and how they behave towards others .

Some people arrive here having fallen out with people on other sites and they bring their animosity with them instead of putting it to one side and starting afresh. They even remain in the same opposing groups .
I'm guilty of that but I'm hoping to improve my behaviour.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
What made you stay after you joined here? How can we relay that enjoyment to newbies?
Azz having lured my here from one of our sister sites locked the door and wouldn't let me out
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:12 PM

Azz having lured my here from one of our sister sites locked the door and wouldn't let me out
Ha! What did he offer that was so alluring?!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:13 PM

Some people just don't get forums; or they'll join to ask one question then leave once their issue is resolved.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

31-05-2018, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ha! What did offer that was so alluring?!
... a lovely new site full of friendly people Rhian , well that was the hope

I have just realised it is almost 9 years ago
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:20 PM

I would agree with that Meg!

There are also some shy new members, who want to join in but feel they are not yet part of the group. We have all been newcomers here, but if you come on your own, it isn't easy to just join in unless you are confident.

I wonder if we could find a way to get them to tell us a little about themselves, so our welcome posts become more of a conversation than just a regular welcome. I always check their profile before writing a welcome, but some just put basic details so all we can do is just post a basic welcome.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:23 PM

Absolutely agree 100%,..i came back after a years absence, needed to sort myself out,..all about attitude for me personally, mine stank!....but here i am,back and refreshed,with a more positive attitude, and im enjoying my time on here very much,thank you.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

There are also some shy new members, who want to join in but feel they are not yet part of the group. We have all been newcomers here, but if you come on your own, it isn't easy to just join in unless you are confident.

I wonder if we could find a way to get them to tell us a little about themselves, so our welcome posts become more of a conversation than just a regular welcome. I always check their profile before writing a welcome, but some just put basic details so all we can do is just post a basic welcome.
That's a great idea Twink!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

31-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

That a nice idea Twink we used to do that on our others sites ...

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top