Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:11 PM

Re: Back Home

Hey Swimmy, thats a different house from the one last week, take it you decided against that one?

Looks lovely, love the garden, closed in ready for a dog. I particularly love the shed, I love painting out buildings bright sunny colours so theres always something pretty in the garden to see

All the best in your new home xx
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:41 PM

Looks like a very nice Home SF and I hope You'll be very happy in it and the move goes according to plan,

erm..is it a good idea to show Your address on here?...You may get begging letters from tall leggy blondes ..or even wee dumpy brunettes
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:45 PM

Hi Swims it looks lovely and it's not small at all and with a good garden very well presented too.
Good luck with your move
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 04:50 PM

If I can give a bit of advise please.

Do not set up a trust fund. May be ok when set up but legal rules change and could leave those to benefit with a packet full of problems.

That is what my parents did with a family friend a solicitor who helped them set it up. Without going into the complicated way it was done back in the 1980's. Now it has become a nightmare with most of the money swallowed up by solicitors and stock brokers, well out of anything my Sister or I had/have control of as part trustees
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 05:43 PM

I am in the process of setting up a small trust fund for my grandchildren .
Basically it's a child's saving plan in trust .
I can't tell you how many papers ,passports prove of identity birth certificates etc I need and they must all be certified .
Birth certificates must be original .
I am getting discouraged .
I don't know why grandparents have to jump through hoops just to give their grandchildren some money .
Money laundering rules I guess .
If I don't put it in trust it will fall under my estate and be subject to IHT .
No wonder people just give up .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Looks like a lovely home swims... and the garden gosh I would love that garden.

We were asked for proof of funds when we bought this house .. when we asked why the estate agent told us it was to ensure we were not time wasters... cheeky things
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 05:59 PM

Hi Swimmy

I'm so pleased to hear you have everything in order. Hey your new house is enormous compared to my shoebox. I gather the new house is smaller than your last? Well look at it like this, less to clean! I love your new house, its really nice and I hope you will be really happy there.

Try to ignore the profanities, I fear yobs who use them with no thought for others could only start to pick on you and yours if you say anything, they may do it all the more just to aggravate, unfortunately I'm speaking from experience as my father in law was always telling them off and it just made them worse. Todays young people have vile mouths, it seems it has become part of the language and are unable to string a sentence together without putting an eff or C word in there, urgh. No, you are probably best not letting them know it bothers you, I would hate for you to get off on the wrong footing.

Can't wait to see pics of your new furkid.

Good luck in your new home Swimmy (big hugs)
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Hi

Thank you all for your support.

The Grade 2 Listed Church would have been great, but simply too many problems.

I am not a proud man, I have no need of a big house or a flash car to boost my ego, I am who I am.

As regards the yobs, there I must differ with some.

Mum and Dad never swear in front of them, mild expletives only.

Both myself and their parents never use the F word in front of them.

They are not idiots and both know exactly what it means, aged 9 and 8.

The C word I find really, seriously offensive.

I find it totally demeaning to Women, I am simply not having it, at all, ever.

The F word they get some leeway.

First use, that is not very nice, please do not use it again.

The Second time it is what part of this do you not understand?

There are kids here, use it again and you are going to get hurt.

There is sometimes a third time, but never a fourth.

The C word is only ever used once, they will not forget the lesson.

I find it totally demeaning to females, it is simply wrong and needs to be dealt with.

I will never, ever, understand women.

Strange Creatures that they are.

We are however equal, male and female.

I simply will not have them abused or demeaned by males, the C word I find totally offensive.

They are not a lesser species.

Having said all that, I must admit that I am not totally adverse to a little bit of Submissive Role play once a week.

Always providing of course that it does not interfere with fishing or F1 GP.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 07:06 PM

So pleased to hear you have everything settled Swimmy. The house is lovely, very spacious and the garden is perfect for a doggy pal.

I hope the move goes smoothly for you and you are very happy there
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 10:57 PM

Oooh, how exciting! Looks lovely Swimmy - hope it all goes smoothly.
Just in case you have any of the usual hiccups down the path of moving, may they be little hiccups.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top