Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:58 AM

Re: Back Home

Hi

Thanks for the lovely messages of support.

New house is tiny compared to what I live in now, a serious downsize.

I have to be pragmatic about such things, no point in having a big house in a tiny village miles away from services.

This weekend I am listing and packing most of my beloved collection of Antiques, they are off to Auction.

The kids do not want them, they are minimalists and live abroad.

It will be strange without them, but far better to make sure that I get a good price for them.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 08:47 AM

Looks a decent pad Swim.

You share some of my traits. I don't have many wants or desires in life.

Content just to be.

I'm always thankful to have a roof over my head, comfy bed and food and drink.

Necessities of life, everyone should have.

Garden should keep you busy too. Nice raised bed veg plot there, lawn to mow, borders to maintain and a bit of patio to relax on to have a morning cuppa.

Wouldn't stress overly about other kids swearing. Unless you plan on attending your kids' school 24x7 then they are going to hear much worse terms spoken just about every day by other kids there. Absolutely nothing to be done about that.

More important to teach them not to swear themselves and to treat other people swearing as offensive, both of which I am 100% certain you have done and will continue to do. They will soon enough be totally desensitised to such language. Drugs is the larger problem. If you can keep them away from drug pushers and school friends who do drugs in the coming years then you'll have done a fine job.

If I'm ever Shrewbury way I'll drop you a PM to meet for a coffee !

GL
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Looks lovely Swim feeders. Nothing to sort as it all looks up to scratch. Is there a second loo anywhere?. Teenagers seem to spend ages in the bathroom and turn deaf to urgent requests.
What a treat it will be to be near to things. Hope the move goes smoothly.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 04:23 PM

Good to hear you've got sorted with a new home to go to Swims ... it looks very nice to me.
I rather like the garden.
Plenty of room for a hammock and a hot tub there.
Dare I say, a much better investment and much more practical than the church. I would have had nightmares over the maintenance of the façade and it can be hard to stamp your own character on something like that and make it feel homey and snug.

Best of luck with your impending move.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Good to hear you've got sorted with a new home to go to Swims ... it looks very nice to me.
I rather like the garden.
Plenty of room for a hammock and a hot tub there.
Dare I say, a much better investment and much more practical than the church. I would have had nightmares over the maintenance of the façade and it can be hard to stamp your own character on something like that and make it feel homey and snug.

Best of luck with your impending move.
Hi

You may say so.

I have got my sensible head on at the moment, which makes a change.

My next lifestyle change is even more important, avoiding tall slim blondes.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:43 PM

I'm hiding Swimmy.
Well I'm not that tall.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 07:47 PM

Just seen this.

Looks good mate - sure you'll be happy there.
Nice one....
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 08:00 PM

Nice house Swimmy. It's good to hear you've got yourself sorted and better still your cutting clean and setting out on a new part of your life. All the best and good luck to you mate.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top