Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:50 PM

Re: Wolfpack Syndrome?

Originally Posted by Annie
The strongest groups control everything. If someone powerful in any group feels threatened they will try to oust the threat. Only insecure individuals will try to do this. This is why sucking up works so well. Insecure people love to be sucked up to. You can find yourself ousted if you don't suck up to the strongest
So basically, Annie, you're saying that the typical controller/bully is insecure?
Or, perhaps, fearful for his self image/identity.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 06:53 PM

Hmm that's Behavioural Psychology.
I agree on those points.
But, Biological Psychology will argue.
At the end of the day, most humans will look for a leader. It is also the influence of the most popular.
All good points, worthy of debate.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Same thing applies doesn't it.
Not in my thinking.

I would expect the Manager to be knowing, in the business sense, tactful, in order have the confidence of everyone in his/her group, and be strong enough to sell his/her ideas.
Lead the group, help the weakest.

On the other hand, a lecturer probably never gets to manage people - only to advise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 09:09 PM

**Please keep personal arguments off the site and if you have any comments to make about the running of the site take it up with Admin .
Thanks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 09:29 PM

**Please note, anyone, ignoring a Moderators warning will receive a ban.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 09:40 PM

I dont understand this wolf pack syndrome, what do you mean they would be devoured by the group?are you saying that they would have to conform?

When you say the strongest survived,survived what?...i can't make any sense of this wolf syndrome what so ever,...did the lecturer explain what was done to these people that left the group?..
..sorry,it just doesn't make sense to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-06-2018, 09:56 PM

***This thread has been locked temporarily because yet again a number of people have dragged there personal animosity which developed on another site onto this one.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top