Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 04:42 PM

Re: Audible

I've got hold of an audiobook, John Sandford's Twisted Prey I'm completely unfamiliar with the format but I do listen to podcasts. Most podcasts last an hour or so, though, and are easily digestible with an app for Android or iOs like Pocketcasts.

Having this big file (split into 31 chapters is a bit of a challenge on my MacBook - if I click on it, it will open in iTunes which isn't really what I want, playing through my laptop. They are mp3 files and there should be an easy way of playing them.

I can Airdrop it to the files application on my iPhone and listen that way which is better.
It won't upload to Google Play Music which would be my preferred option.

Still, at least I can start listening to my first ever audiobook. I think they should come with an electronic book copy in epub or amazon formats.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I go to the library for my books,of course it means you dont get new ones.but I usually find something I like.When I was a teenager a shop near me used to sell books and when you finished you could take it back and get a reduction off another book.I dont think they were new titles though.I do love to read but seldom buy a new book
I'm a great one for the local library in the winter months and get a load of audio books from them. But not in the summer as there's too much work around here then lol. I believe I saw a notice last time I was there, something about downloads to an ipod instead of CDs, that can and do end up a bit worse for wear..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes, but I've not done it for a while, would have to play about a bit and refresh my memory, they burn to the CD as MP3 or MP4, do you have something that will play them like that? Or do you intend to listen through your PC?
I listen to them on the computer in the craft room at the moment but was hoping to burn them to disc so that I could listen to them on the bedroom stereo as well.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Now that is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that (and I am an avid Youtube user). you could use a program like Freemake to download them as MP3s which only take up a tiny amount of room then stick several on each CD to play in the car.

One thing I have discovered is that my car stereo has trouble remembering where it is when playing long MP3s, say 40 minutes long, so I chop them into 10 minutes segments using Audacity then they are fine.
Thanks Bruce - had not heard of Freemake - will go look!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top