Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 12:10 PM

Film darkness

I have noticed that every time I put a film on that I have recorded, the film is also quite dark and you have to strain your eyes to see what's going on. Its not my TV either as everything else is alright, its how they have recorded it.

Has any one else noticed that?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Film darkness

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I have noticed that every time I put a film on that I have recorded, the film is also quite dark and you have to strain your eyes to see what's going on. Its not my TV either as everything else is alright, its how they have recorded it.

There are lots of problems with film production these days, I don't know the reason why, perhaps it's because there are too many types of media to view them on.

I don't record from TV so I am not aware of that but quite often the programmes a re too dark even when not recorded. that and all the sound problems of course.

I have certain box sets on Bluray where the volume has to vary between 40 and 90 to hear them.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 02:00 PM

I think it's to deter people from copying them, poor audio levels especially.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Yes that could be the case Judd, I also thought perhaps its cheaper to do it that way and yes Longdogs you are right the sound, I have to put the volumn up 53 to be able to hear what they are saying and what annoys me most is that they must put loud music on and you can't hear anything, why?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 02:53 PM

Yes that could be the case Judd, I also thought perhaps its cheaper to do it that way and yes Longdogs you are right the sound, I have to put the volumn up 53 to be able to hear what they are saying and what annoys me most is that they must put loud music on and you can't hear anything, why?
The sound is all over the place. Quite often, the background noise such as vehicles or weather is louder than the dialogue.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:24 AM

Susie darlin' on my televisions (yes I have one in my bedroom too) I can adjust the Brightness and Contrast. Perhaps you need to see if you can adjust the settings on your TV.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:36 AM

I thought this thread was about the film The Darkness which incidentally is a load of tosh. I agree that both audio and visual quality seems to have deteriorated of late. It never occurred to me it might have been to detract pirating?

Also have Americans started to mumble even more than of old? Sometimes I think I need subtitles
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-06-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I thought this thread was about the film The Darkness which incidentally is a load of tosh. I agree that both audio and visual quality seems to have deteriorated of late. It never occurred to me it might have been to detract pirating?

Also have Americans started to mumble even more than of old? Sometimes I think I need subtitles
I know what you mean summer. Ben Affleck, good actor but can't understand a word he says.

Btw, we use the subtitles all the time, they are often wrong - entertainment in itself.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 06:17 PM

I might have to give them a try... if I can find the setting on my TV
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Recommended TV Audio Settings (all brands)

https://success.highfive.com/hc/en-u...gs-all-brands-

Your TV may come with many great features and enhancements to help process the sound that you hear. This article will show you what we have found to be the optimal setting for the most popular TV manufacturers (Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Vizio).

Please note: The following settings may or may not be found on your particular model of TV. We recommend that you take a look at the settings on your TV and then locate it on this list. If you have a sound setting that isn't on this list, please let us know so we can update our list!

e.g.:

Panasonic

A.I. Sound: Menu → Audio → Advanced Audio → Set to Low
Surround: Menu → Audio → Advanced Audio → Set to Off
Distance to Wall: Menu → Audio → Advanced Audio → Set to either Over 1ft or Up to 1ft
TV Speakers: Menu → Audio→ Advanced Audio → Set to On
HDMI in Menu → Audio→ Advanced Audio → Set to Digital
Follow link for other brands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top