Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 06:32 PM

Re: Film darkness

How to turn up the dialogue on your TV

https://www.komando.com/columns/3789...on-your-tv/all

Volume is a tricky thing. We usually think of sound as "loud" or "soft," but adjusting decibel levels is a delicate craft. Audio engineers and recording artists spend their entire careers tinkering with volume levels. Even at home, your environment, speakers, and stereo system drastically affect the quality of your sound, including the volume.

The clearest example: flat screen TVs.

Every TV comes with internal speakers, and most people are content with those. But flat screens are notorious for unpredictable sound quality. There you are, watching a movie, but the dialogue is tinny and distant. You can barely hear what the characters are saying to each other.

A moment later, there's an explosion and it's so loud that can feel the vibration from your sofa. (By the way, if you think it might be you and not your speakers, while it's no substitute for a visit to a doctor, click here to take an online hearing test.)

Dialogue is the most important part of almost any movie or TV show. If you can't hear the characters on the screen, you can't follow the story.

Luckily, there are ways to "normalize" this sound, so you don’t have to jab your remote control every time something dramatic happens. Here are some simple methods for controlling the volume and enjoying the show.
Follow link for more info.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Recommended TV Audio Settings (all brands)

https://success.highfive.com/hc/en-u...gs-all-brands-

Follow link for other brands.
Thank you Omah… very helpful.

If I get stuck I will wait till my 5yr old grandson visits he will know just what to do

Once again.... Ta!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thank you Omah… very helpful.

If I get stuck I will wait till my 5yr old grandson visits he will know just what to do

Once again.... Ta!
The same applies to PCs - they will have a section (often called an equaliser) where you can adjust the sound to your taste. If I'm watching a video on my PC, I adjust the sound by selecting "Loudness Equalisation" from the Sound Manager - it levels out the overpowering special effects with the lower level dialogue.

Of course, you could always switch Subtitles on - I do that occasionally .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top