Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 06:25 PM

Fabulous weekend

I've just returned home from the most fabulous weekend.

My friends and I (we call ourselves the Golden Girls) have been friends since we were all 5 years old and we decided to have a weekend away together and oh am I glad we made that decision. Laughter truly is the best medicine on earth and we have laughed until our bellies hurt.

We went to Primrose Valley in a caravan.

On Friday the weather was glorious and we sat on the veranda drinking wine until 1am in the morning!

Yesterday we decided to go on the boating lake in an electric boat. The young man told us to stay away from the edge but our boat decided it wanted to go near the edge. My friend was steering but the boat was going where it wanted to and we just couldn't stop laughing because we had to be rescued because the boat had got stuck! We were rescued by the young man in a pedalo LOL it was just hilarious and all the other boat users were laughing too, even a woman walking her dog couldn't stop laughing, I'm so glad we brought smiles and laughter to people.

One of my friends and I decided to go on a ride called The Twister, (the other two daren't go on) and I said to my friend oh its a bit slow then all of a sudden it speeded up, we were screaming our heads off, we had forgotten how old we are!!!! I shouted to my other two friend "tell him to stop" and they couldn't stop laughing again. It slowed down and my friend said "oh its slowing down now" but then it started going fast again, I was like ohhhhh noooooooo. I'm sure that young man controlling the ride made it go faster LOL. When he was letting us off he said "did you enjoy that girls" I said "you speeded that up ya little bugger" and laughingly he said "I don't know what you mean" the little monkey!!We played hook a duck and won some cheerleader pom poms lol.

On Saturday it rained in the afternoon but even that didn't stop us having a fabulous time together.

Oh boy, I want to do this all over again, I really didn't want this fun and happy weekend to end!

Oh and they surprised me with a birthday cake and cards and presents.

I'm going to put a couple of pictures on if anyone is interested in joining in the fun, they really are fun pictures.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: Fabulous weekend

Disgraceful i must complain to somebody, hoooogalin behaviour brits should not be allowed out

Grumpy of Suburbia.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Well it sounds like you had a blast.. glad you and your friends had a nice time
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 07:00 PM

WOW!!!! Sounds fantastic Lion Queen. You must be on a high.
Pics - Oh yes pleasy
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 07:02 PM

It sounds like you had great fun LQs
It's nice to let your hair down isn't It?!

Aww LQs I just looked at the pictures
They're fab shots of you and your friends

And you don't look anywhere near 58 btw!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:08 PM

Glad you had a fantastic time LQ.

How old are you?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It sounds like you had great fun LQs
It's nice to let your hair down isn't It?!

Aww LQs I just looked at the pictures
They're fab shots of you and your friends

And you don't look anywhere near 58 btw!
Glad you liked them, I wanted to share the fun.

You just caused a smile upon my face, thank you for the compliment!! xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Glad you had a fantastic time LQ.

How old are you?
Thank you Susie

I'm just turned 58, I don't act it though I should be called Petra Pan
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:33 PM

Sounds like a weekend to remember LQ
Look forward to seeing the pictures....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:34 PM

Sounds like a fabulous weekend for you and your friends LQ

It made me laugh just reading your post

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top