Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 12:46 PM

Re: Would you Repair or buy new?

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I know Mr R would try a repair, however it would all be to no avail and would prob end in a row always best for me to buy new.

Hiyaaaaa Rips. good to sees ya

ps always buy the most expensive as that will soon change his mind
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Hiyaaaaa Rips. good to sees ya

ps always buy the most expensive as that will soon change his mind
That made me laugh ... and good to see you too
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Our top of the range AEG washing machine has performed well, until the finger on the door broke. To remove it and fit a new finger catch would have cost over £100/. Via ebay, I sourced one for just over £8, removed the door and fitted it myself.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Our top of the range AEG washing machine has performed well, until the finger on the door broke. To remove it and fit a new finger catch would have cost over £100/. Via ebay, I sourced one for just over £8, removed the door and fitted it myself.
You must have the same blood as my partner. That's exatly the kind of thing he does too.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Hi D,webb,because i have a homecare plan,they repair, ..my washing machine died on me,when the engineer came,i asked him how much it would have cost,if an independent did it,he replied over £200,they probably would have told you to buy new,..if possible always best to repair...imo.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
That made me laugh ... and good to see you too
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I had almost exactly the same problem a few years ago but I too repaired it because it was an ideal suitcase for me (an Australian Paklite 55cm). The problem was that the old wheels were riveted in so I had to drill them out and use rollerblade axles but they work like a charm now.

23Kg?? Where on earth were you going? My suitcase is usually 9 to 13kg the higher figure when it is topped up with jars of Vegemite as presents. I am not sure I could even lift 23kg now but for a month's overseas holiday my suitcase is usually about 10kg.

Anyway, as for generally repairing or replacing it depends if it is worth replacing, there are few electrical goods that are worth repairing, usually much cheaper to replace. There are exceptions and as an ex technician I can usually repair most electronic gear but rarely do because replacements are so cheap and generally better faster etc.

Actually more like 20kg I think and yes it is hard to lift hence the dragging it along the packed streets it was for about 2.5 weeks in Australia....I probably take to much

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top