Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 07:25 AM

Re: Children's names

Mother gave each of us 3 syllable first names - then immediately abbreviated them to something else! How stupid was that?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 10:38 AM

My mum named us all the same initials JAS meant she could open 99% of the post as we got older, just to be sure who it was for of course. I always had a feeling she played the long game there and planned that all along.

Don't see many Julies younger than me these days, named after Julie Andrews who was big in the early 60s.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:44 PM

It seems to me that the more unusual the child's name, the more of a brat they are.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It seems to me that the more unusual the child's name, the more of a brat they are.
I think you are right, I've met a few.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Hey, Longy and Tiffany, my four girls aren’t brats at all! I would say their names are uncommon, rather than unusual!

At least, they didn’t have names that five or more had the same name in their class at school, or that you know what era they come from!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hey, Longy and Tiffany, my four girls aren’t brats at all! I would say their names are uncommon, rather than unusual!

At least, they didn’t have names that five or more had the same name in their class at school, or that you know what era they come from!
I have never met your girls, Artie, but I am sure yours are very well behaved & good natured. Not like some around here.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have never met your girls, Artie, but I am sure yours are very well behaved & good natured. Not like some around here.

Tiffany, Lets say, they are nicer than me! Which is indicated by the amount of friends they have and how popular they are!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

19-12-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tiffany, Lets say, they are nicer than me! Which is indicated by the amount of friends they have!
I can tell my Daughter is well liked, she has so many friends on FB & knows all of them in RL too.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 09:19 PM

To say that a child's name dictates their behaviour reminds me of Katy Hopkins when she said that some names dictated a child's standing in society

I don't doubt there are kids out there with fancy names who have the misfortune to have parents with no parenting skills but I expect kids with common names have the same misfortune. I don't subscribe to the Miss Hopkins views on life or kids,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
To say that a child's name dictates their behaviour reminds me of Katy Hopkins when she said that some names dictated a child's standing in society

I don't doubt there are kids out there with fancy names who have the misfortune to have parents with no parenting skills but I expect kids with common names have the same misfortune. I don't subscribe to the Miss Hopkins views on life or kids,
Ooh I don't know. My real name gives away my age and my class.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top