Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 01:10 PM

Online Spectacles

Found my glasses on the floor last night. One of the dogs has been chewing them. They're still still wearable but theres teeth marks in the arm and frame.

Has anyone used those online glasses services. The ones Ive got I dont even like and I was sort of pushed into getting them by the assistant.

Do they do all types of lenses?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Re: Online Spectacles

Don't know how in some circumstances this online glasses thing works, personally, in the opticians, I start with frames I like, then get a basic cost of the lenses, say £80.00. The lenses then have to be double thinned (another £100.00) and double protection coated (another £80.00), not sure how this would be arranged online.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Found my glasses on the floor last night. One of the dogs has been chewing them. They're still still wearable but theres teeth marks in the arm and frame.

Has anyone used those online glasses services. The ones Ive got I dont even like and I was sort of pushed into getting them by the assistant.

Do they do all types of lenses?
I have bought prescription spectacles for years now online from glasses2you. I just choose the frames then email them a copy of the prescription and they make them to order within around seven days. I normally get around three pairs for £100. Excellent service and product, I can't praise them enough...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Glasses direct are our place of choice to buy specs, just make sure the optician fills out the entire prescription I have seen some skip bits for some reason and that means you don't get the correct fit for your individual needs.

Same glasses in our local optician were £125, glasses direct £25.
Jeanster
UK
Jeanster is female 

19-12-2018, 03:23 PM

Another one for Glasses Direct here.

I've had the last half dozen pairs from them and my daughter is on board, too.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:09 PM

I have had Varifocals for years, so I dont see how these could be bought online. The optician goes to great length ensuring the lenses aee marked with dots to ensure that they are correct, they are then sent off to be made. I once went to an opticians and the focal points on the varifocals was wrong, causing me to feel sick and dizzy. I eventually went to another optician who gave me correctly aligned glasses which were fine.

I would not risk buying spectacles without these essential checks. However, I suppose the cheap online ones would be fine if one only needs prescription reading glasses.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:21 PM

The biggest problem I had with online specs was finding a pair that I liked and that suited me. If you are not so bothered about the style then go for it. They do get good reviews overall.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:51 PM

Depends on your prescription. If you have an astigmatism forget it. How could they possibly get the correct position of the eye if you don't have them on?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 05:51 PM

The optician measures and fits your glasses, not sure how this works when buying online
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 06:30 PM

Sorry the only glasses I know anything about, are the ones you raise for a toast.
Not sure how it works online.
I don't understand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top