Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 04:19 PM

Re: Holding stuff.

Originally Posted by Dave H ->
Now stop it Sweetie
Just teasing. X
I expect you are the same as me, we all tend to carry more than we can hold.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Just teasing. X
I expect you are the same as me, we all tend to carry more than we can hold.

My bladder is a little weaker now Sweetie
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 05:13 PM

Taking more than one trip upstairs is a no go since the kitchens are on the second floor.

With every bag in hand, wrapped around fingers, I climb the mountain, arm and leg muscles straining to their limits, with dogs barking and circling. They are ever in awe that I have been to the hunting grounds on which they are not permitted to cast their eyes, with food not just caught but neatly packaged.

Up, up I trudge, the occasional dog pushing the bags down in hopes of catching more of the marvelous scents, trying to keep my balance, and willing myself ever higher.

I try to convince myself that this is some sort of workout...

but the truth is I am just too lazy to make the climb twice .
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Sweetie darlin' - I can't carry as much shopping as I used to be able to do, because I now have a walking stick (my constant companion), so only have one hand available - I find it much easier to shop 'on-line' and get my shopping delivered to me.
That's how we do our shopping Joe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Taking more than one trip upstairs is a no go since the kitchens are on the second floor.

With every bag in hand, wrapped around fingers, I climb the mountain, arm and leg muscles straining to their limits, with dogs barking and circling. They are ever in awe that I have been to the hunting grounds on which they are not permitted to cast their eyes, with food not just caught but neatly packaged.

Up, up I trudge, the occasional dog pushing the bags down in hopes of catching more of the marvelous scents, trying to keep my balance, and willing myself ever higher.

I try to convince myself that this is some sort of workout...

but the truth is I am just too lazy to make the climb twice .
Same as me Surferbabe with my Kitchen, I have no pets though.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That was kind of them Julie.
Sorry you have shaky hands
I have shaky hips.
Like Elvis?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 08:09 PM

I can still hold as much as I used to but I have noticed my fingers aren’t as strong as they used to be. Sometimes I struggle with opening jars. I tap a knife on the lid to make it easier but never used to have to do that before.
My fingertips are fairly sensitive now but that’s about it.,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 08:24 PM

I find I ever have trouble holding a large bottle of shower jel.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-12-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I can still hold as much as I used to but I have noticed my fingers aren’t as strong as they used to be. Sometimes I struggle with opening jars. I tap a knife on the lid to make it easier but never used to have to do that before.
My fingertips are fairly sensitive now but that’s about it.,
Yes fingers too Bratti, I drop stuff sometimes.

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I find I ever have trouble holding a large bottle of shower gel.
I need two hands to hold those large bottles of fabric conditioner.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 10:54 PM

No problems carring things, but I do go to the gym a few times a week and enjoy doing arm work as part of my routine. A lot of people in our age range never do any arm exercises at all and wonder why they end up unable to carry much. Exercise = muscle = carrying capacity and ability to grip.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top