Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 10:55 PM

Re: Holding stuff.

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
No problems carring things, but I do go to the gym a few times a week and enjoy doing arm work as part of my routine. A lot of people in our age range never do any arm exercises at all and wonder why they end up unable to carry much. Exercise = muscle = carrying capacity and ability to grip.
I need lessons.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 10:59 PM

I was always good with weights. Waiting for this, waiting for that..
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I don't shop online, I like to find bargains Joe. But I do understand that it is easier for you. X
You can find bargains on line and, of course, you can do the price comparisons in the comfort of your own home. My dear wife is an expert at it!

That said, she and the Lovely Liz go once a week to the mall with the discount stores and charity shops. That's where Max gets his new toys from.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
You can find bargains on line and, of course, you can do the price comparisons in the comfort of your own home. My dear wife is an expert at it!

That said, she and the Lovely Liz go once a week to the mall with the discount stores and charity shops. That's where Max gets his new toys from.
I like to go out tbh, I buy most of my clothes and shoes online.
I had an accident in London last February, that is why my arm and grip is weak.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-12-2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I was always good with weights. Waiting for this, waiting for that..
You are fit, so stop the nonsense.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I need lessons.
Turn up at a gym, arrange an induction and you're good to go.

People that can't lift a bottle without using two hands are never going to get up off the ground if they fall, not without a basic level of upper body and arm muscle and a decent grip.

I know it can be easier to not exercise if there's a degree of pain, but you have to go for it. I still have painful knees but I do leg workouts because a strong and painful leg is better than a weak and painful leg. The same applies with arms and hands - better strong and shaky rather than weak and shaky. Consult a doctor if you have concerns about causing harm to yourself, of course, but as the sayiing goes "use it or lose it".
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
No problems carring things, but I do go to the gym a few times a week and enjoy doing arm work as part of my routine. A lot of people in our age range never do any arm exercises at all and wonder why they end up unable to carry much. Exercise = muscle = carrying capacity and ability to grip.
Spot on, Tachyon. Everybody needs the most basic of strength exercises in order to move around and do the most fundamental things in life.

I am able to hold anything as long as I can get my arms around them. Today is most important though as I will need to hold six pints in succession this afternoon
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Spot on, Tachyon. Everybody needs the most basic of strength exercises in order to move around and do the most fundamental things in life.

I am able to hold anything as long as I can get my arms around them. Today is most important though as I will need to gold six pints in succession this afternoon

Same here,Floydy,I also do arm exercises,I walk half a mile to the shops,can carry a full shopping bag and a full rucksack,home,..and I believe I can do that,because of keeping fit and exercise.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:19 PM

I can still carry pretty much the same as I always did but only on the flat. If stairs are involved then it's as much as I can hold with one hand, as I need the other for the rail to get up.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:37 PM

Self help is the answer...If you have a weak grip then get a couple of these...
watch tv and exercise at the same time!

https://www.co-opmobility.co.uk/heal...hoCefgQAvD_BwE

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top