Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 10:31 AM

A touching and true event

Talking to a lady last night she told me this wonderful true story .

It happened two years ago here in the small town i live in ,the lady (name kept confidential ) was caught in a traffic jam , after a while she walked to the front to see what was wrong , a dear old lady had been run over by a large lorry and was underneath it trapped . The lady went down and climbed under the lorry calling for a blanket to wrap her and warm her . She wrapped her and lay beside her holding her hand while waiting for the ambulance . While she was with her a man climbed under and lay beside them, he was a dark skinned man , young and wearing black. The lady was talking to the the older lady saying we're here with you , your not alone , her arm around her for warmth and comfort. Moments passed and she said to the young man , shes gone , the man answered , she is with me now . ( The lady thought this a strange thing to say )

She climbed out from underneath the lorry the ambulance had arrived , she told them the lady had died and asked about the dark skinned man , no one had seen him , she was puzzled and kept looking for him but people said she was the only one underneath the lorry .

She told the police during her statement the next day but they said no other person was there .

Two weeks later she went to the funeral to pay her respects , during the service the life story was told of the lady and her life as a young woman had been in India where she helped orphans and poor people and was well loved by the indian community she lived in .

She now has no doubt in her mind she was with an angel that day who had come to take the dear old lady home .

While chatting she told me that had she thought about it she would never have climbed under the lorry , but she just followed her instincts. She had tears and memories in her eyes as we talked , i know she is still in awe of what happened that day .

I wanted to share this , some wont believe it but some of you will . Its beautiful but also sad
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 10:44 AM

Re: A touching and true event

A wonderful heartwarming story - thank you, Susan.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 11:06 AM

What a beautiful story Susan, there are many things that happen in this world that we can't explain. The trick is:- try not to.....x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 11:54 AM

A lovely story Susan. I believe her because I know when I tell a story of anything weird that has happened to me, I always get tears in my eyes. It's a mixture of excitement (the unknown) and being a bit scared too.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 12:15 PM

Yes its heartwarming isnt it . I know it happened i could tell .

How amazing to experience something so very special , how brave she was to climb under this lorry without a thought for herself . How comforting to know the dear old lady was taken with such love .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 01:46 PM

Yes I believe you, there is so much we don't know or understand..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 01:51 PM

A wonderful story Susan. I had a lump in my throat reading it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
yes its heartwarming isnt it . I know it happened i could tell .

How amazing to experience something so very special , how brave she was to climb under this lorry without a thought for herself . How comforting to know the dear old lady was taken with such love .

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:55 PM

A beautiful story in which I believe.

There are so many good things going on that we don't know about, sadly we tend to be overwhelmed by the bad.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top