Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:32 PM

Is anyone else not changing their diet over the festive period?

I'm not. I'm having a macaroni cheese with grilled tomatos, just a normal tea for me.

I don't eat sweets, either. For fruit, I've got bananas an apple and some red grapes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Re: Is anyone else not changing their diet over the festive period?

I will be having the full turkey roast with all the trimmings followed by naughty Christmas Pudding at my daughter's tomorrow.

Will be feeling guilty after though!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:43 PM

A turkey dinner does sound nice to me, but I'm afraid it would make me ill as I am still on softish food. Someone in Hospital gave me some Pringles and I couldn't eat them - too dry and hard to eat.

Much of the hospital food I could eat, though as it was made from scratch. Lots of hospitals rely on frozen food from Wales.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:43 PM

Doing a full roast including meat, lamb in this case, very rare we do meat at all these days. Mince pies, Christmas pudding. Christmas cake, chocolates and crisps and nuts. Got the lot and will enjoy most of it and worry about it later.

We've had years when we've had cheese on toast or egg and chips though and enjoyed that too. We tend to have what we fancy each year.

Bottle of baileys we have already started enjoying and Nate bought a bottle of port for my husband which he will enjoy.

First time in over 8 years we have had any alcohol. So it's hitting the spot really quickly

All working today and only got Christmas day and Boxing day off so will be enjoying those two days if it kills us and looking at the pile of food in the kitchen it might
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-12-2018, 03:47 PM

Port is lovely and was one of my favourite drinks when I did drink. Cheese, crackers and Port is food from the Gods.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Port is lovely and was one of my favourite drinks when I did drink. Cheese, crackers and Port is food from the Gods.
Yes my husband loves that.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 03:58 PM

I'm sure I posted this before. It isn't what we regularly eat for dinner.

Starter:
Whisky smoked salmon w/ salad leaves and lemon wedges
Cheese Board w/crackers - nuts and dried fruits

Main:
Ham glazed with sweet chili,soy,mustard sauce
Cumberland sauce
Pigs in Blankets
Macaroni & Cheese
Roasted Carrots
Broccoli Casserole
Roasted Potatoes
Brussels Sprout Gratin
Yorkshire Pudding
Umami Gravy

Dessert:
Apple Crisp
Italian Lemon Pound Cake
Drinks:
Water, Orange Juice, Coffee, Tea, Lager, Wine
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-12-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Doing a full roast including meat, lamb in this case, very rare we do meat at all these days. Mince pies, Christmas pudding. Christmas cake, chocolates and crisps and nuts. Got the lot and will enjoy most of it and worry about it later.

We've had years when we've had cheese on toast or egg and chips though and enjoyed that too. We tend to have what we fancy each year.

Bottle of baileys we have already started enjoying and Nate bought a bottle of port for my husband which he will enjoy.

First time in over 8 years we have had any alcohol. So it's hitting the spot really quickly

All working today and only got Christmas day and Boxing day off so will be enjoying those two days if it kills us and looking at the pile of food in the kitchen it might

Any particular reason you haven't drunk in 8 Years?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-12-2018, 04:33 PM

Any particular reason you haven't drunk in 8 Years?
Not really I am allergic to wine and beer etc I was a bit nervous trying the baileys but was OK. My husband works early mornings so has to be careful he isn't over the limit, easily done so better not to drink at all he has always said.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2018, 05:23 PM

I'm not. I'm having a macaroni cheese with grilled tomatos, just a normal tea for me.

I don't eat sweets, either. For fruit, I've got bananas an apple and some red grapes.
Are you a Vegan nutter????

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top