Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 11:10 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You highlighted the words "never taken drugs" in my above post and then ask about prescription drugs. I don't understand where you are coming from.

In my post I am (I thought) very clearly referring to Class drugs like Cocaine, Heroine and all related drugs. I am not talking about antibiotics and the like.

Does that help? If not can you elucidate?

I do not need to elucidate.

You made no mention of Cocaine, Heroine etc.
You just stated you have never taken drugs, yet you have said frequently, that you self diagnose and buy your own pharmaceutical drugs.

That is why I asked the question.
No need for further debate now you have answered thanks.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
This forum is getting inundated with would-be doctors at the moment.
I'd rather see my GP. At least I know him well and he's a genuine bloke who DOES know what he's talking about from age old experience as a doctor way before the internet was taken as gospel by others.
I don't see the thread as trying to be doctors Floydy, Iactually think realist has a lot of good argument, as I see it he debates well and I enjoy reading his and Annie's posts on this subject
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

No problem at all, though I am curious as to what you hope to gain from the asking of that question. What is the underlying reason for asking if I may ask?
Mostly curiosity.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't see the thread as trying to be doctors Floydy, Iactually think realist has a lot of good argument, as I see it he debates well and I enjoy reading his and Annie's posts on this subject
People with personal experience are going to be listened to far more than text derived from the internet. That is what I was trying to reiterate.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:07 AM

People with personal experience are going to be listened to far more than text derived from the internet. That is what I was trying to reiterate.
I find tere is a lot to be learned by reading the net. I.m not getting answers for my recent health problems from the doctor so I researched my symptoms on the net and now after presenting my findings from the net my doc is listening to me and sending me for tests. I.ve been up and down to docs since October, i.m hopeful now that I can get some diagnosis
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I find tere is a lot to be learned by reading the net. I.m not getting answers for my recent health problems from the doctor so I researched my symptoms on the net and now after presenting my findings from the net my doc is listening to me and sending me for tests. I.ve been up and down to docs since October, i.m hopeful now that I can get some diagnosis
Very true Lion Queen. But we can do our own "Googling" without someone constantly doing it for us. Surely we are all capable of that?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:33 AM

Very true Lion Queen. But we can do our own "Googling" without someone constantly doing it for us. Surely we are all capable of that?
Give it up man. I am not going to change the way I post for you nor am I going to cease providing good useful information to others on the forum. Sound arguments should always be backed up with source references and evidence and providing the links and info makes life easier for others who may well not have the kind of time I have to do the same research. Please quit your constant whining about this. I am NOT going to change
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
and buy your own pharmaceutical drugs.
Yep. I do think its really important for people to have a minimal supply of useful medications in case of emergencies and very especially those people who are on long term courses of life saving meds. They should have backup sets of such meds and if the NHS won't give them (which I deem utterly negligent) then they should buy them elsewhere.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2019, 01:42 AM

A great deal of info that is to be found on the internet is people's personal experience and testimony. It's one of the most valuable resources. Your "argument" is simply not sound at all.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2019, 01:43 AM

I did my own googling regarding my own health issues though .

I guess we all can make our own mind up about certain things but all I m saying is I enjoy seeing things from other people's perspective. That doesn't mean I always agree though, I just find others thoughts interesting and I find some quite thought provoking .

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top