Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 01:44 PM

Re: Waking up in the night?

Annie the Dr listening to your heart means nothing, you could still have a paroxysmal arrhythmia (intermittent) which will not be picked up by your GP listening to your heart and which increases your chance of having a stroke.
Sleep apnoea is another thing to consider.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:22 PM

Oh my goodness, I have just seen this thread.
I am a deep sleeper, I can also still sleep for up to 10hrs.
My husband is the night waker, he is also nosey, peering out the curtains at what is going on outside. He is like a night watchman for our area.

If I do wake occasionally, I just lie there and fall back to sleep.
I think that if you are a night thinker/worrier it doesn't help.
Try to stay in bed and focus on happy thoughts. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:46 PM

I used to suffer terrible insomnia and would always wake up at 4am, not 5 or 3, always 4.

I would just get up thinking, well at least I got 4 hours but I would feel worse the entire day.

Now I'm sleeping about 10 hours a night, perhaps because I am so inactive. Even in hospital I would sleep well and slept through the 2am obs where they take hold of your arm to put on the blood pressure cuff. I'm still amazed how I slept through that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:39 PM

Ffosse - possibly the drugs you were/ are taking caused the extreme sleepiness.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:58 PM

It's hit and miss for me, sometimes I sleep right through, other times I am awake for hours.

One thing I have been trying out recently, and it does seem to work, is rather than trying to fall asleep, I try to stay awake. I leave one eye just slightly open but gradually it closes and I doze off. Takes a bit of practice though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Ffosse - possibly the drugs you were/ are taking caused the extreme sleepiness.
I don't think so as I was pretty used to the drugs, I didn't get any extra drugs in the hospital except after chemo and those didn't make me feel tired.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 11:10 PM

The only time I don't sleep well is if there is something on my mind, or something that has upset me. Other than that, I could sleep for England, always been the same.

If I wake up for the loo, or one of the dogs wakes me, I am back to sleep again within minutes.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We don't get any sleep, we are up six times in the night with the Cat screaming, go downstairs into the Kitchen with her and she has done nothing, back to bed again, 1 hr. later, Scream, Scream, Scream up we get again.
Do you have a cat flap for her to go outside? That might help, otherwise it sounds like separation anxiety. Why not try moving her sleeping stuff into your bedroom and see if that makes her quieten down.
Cosburn
New Member!
United States
Cosburn is female 

01-04-2019, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Every single night lately I have woken in the middle of the night and had to go downstairs to make a tea and watch TV/go online before I can get back to bed. I don't remember a day when I slept right through and woke up refreshed.

Does anyone here sleep really well or is this just an age thing that we have to get used to after 50?
Annie I used to wake up every night and toss and turn until about a month ago...our bodies need rest and it makes it hard to function if we dont get it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 05:06 AM

Am retired so my life has changed from when I was working when I was would come home from work have something to eat watch a bit of TV and go to bed at about 9pm and to wake up to go to work at 6AM

After retirement

To day woke up at 1AM got up and have just surfed the Net.

Might get tired in a couple of hours and sleep again and wake up at about 10 AM do the same and have a sleep about 2PM for an hour.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top