Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 12:57 AM

Re: Is it any wonder that violence is increasing?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just watching a programme on serious traffic offences in Swindon .
The sentences handed out were pathetic .

One arrogant joyrider who stole a car stole petrol and raced all around the town .

As he was only 14 his licence will be taken away for one year

( when he gets a licence )

How rediculous

He wants six strokes of the rotan on his backside like they do in Singapore for such offences

Without condoning this pitiful young moron's behaviour for a second, I have to ask you this totally serious question. Assuming you are familiar with the size of the cane used in Singapore for floggings and the strength of the strokes that is mandated by law there, the seriousness and permanency of the physical and psychological injuries it can cause and assuming you are advocating the same parameters in Britain, Would you be prepared to administer the flogging
yourself? If not who do you expect to do it?

You might have a look at this. Just in case you don't know the details.

https://www.news.com.au/national/bey...06f0c36f8afb7e
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
From what I have heard, seen, and read Baz, this is getting quite a common occurence for our emergency helpers now.

The Police and Ambulance workers are facing it daily.
This is sourced from reliable info sent to me by Action Fraud, and Neighbourhood Watch people, as well as the newspapers and TV news.

I believe young people today are brought up surrounded by much more violence than we ever saw when we were younger.
Yes, we knew it existed, but to nowhere the extent it does now.

And what about television?
A few nights ago, there were FOUR films on about killing, one after the other.
I am going on memory now, but I think it was shootings and stabbings from about 9pm through till the early hours.

There never used to be all this stuff constantly on telly when I was growing up, and I wouldn't have been allowed to watch it even if it were. Kids seem to watch whatever they want now.

At school, if there was bad feeling in the playground, the worst that happened was a boy might have pushed another lad over! Bit different to the weapons kids carry nowadays.
We would never, ever dared assault a teacher, but they cop it regularly these days too.

Violence and cruelty is everywhere, but I don't know the answers, other than much stiffer sentences than some of these ridiculous judges are handing out. Even so, that is still punishment after the crime - I don't think it will stop it happening.

I also think street crimes - fights, brawling, stabbings, break-ins etc, have got more and more prevalent since Bobbies rarely walk the streets anymore.
They used to often spot 'funny goings on' instead of being in an office waiting to be called after the event.
Yes I agree with every point you've made. Took the words right out of my mouth in some.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/B][/I]

Without condoning this pitiful young moron's behaviour for a second, I have to ask you this totally serious question. Assuming you are familiar with the size of the cane used in Singapore for floggings and the strength of the strokes that is mandated by law there, the seriousness and permanency of the physical and psychological injuries it can cause and assuming you are advocating the same parameters in Britain, Would you be prepared to administer the flogging
yourself? If not who do you expect to do it?

You might have a look at this. Just in case you don't know the details.

https://www.news.com.au/national/bey...06f0c36f8afb7e
The punishment is usually six strokes and it is administered in the presence of a doctor by the authorities
It is over quickly and and the miscreants rarely offends again .
It's is used for minor offences like car vandalism ( cars are very expensive in Singapore )

Personally if some toe rag steals someone's cars and wrecks them just for fun I want him to be hurt and humiliated .

Think of the physical damage that could have happened to some innocent person had this kid who could not really drive careered through the town . He was luscky he didn't run over someone and kill them.
Then there is the phycological damage down to the car owner who needs that car to go to work .
All the stress worry and expense that goes with it.
He or she worked to earn money to buy that car that they need
They should be redressed

The kid on the documentary was a big hulk he was arrongant and couldn't care less with the police .
The police say inthat these cases the parents are nearly always useless and say they are not getting involved .
The boy didn't even have to pay for the petrol he stole .

The parents should be MADE To be reposnsible and have to PAY damages .Then perhaps they would keep a better eye on their wayward children.

As for that kid he needed a good hiding .
( and yes if he wrecked my car I would be happy to do it !)

As long as their are NO CONSEQUENCES for crime Crime will increase .
Its very clear that the softly softly approach Has NOT worked.
It's about time that these pathetic sentences should be replaced by something that bites.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:45 AM

I wonder if the increase in violence is because the offenders have no fear of the punishment , we hear of police officers , paramedics , being attacked then we hear the punishment is , community service or something stupid . The offenders must laugh, and god knows how the victims feel about it . I watched a programme of attacks on the police , the punishment does not fit the crime .

There doesnt seem to be a fear of imprisonment so what is next
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:09 AM

Hi

It is a badge of honour for some.

They taunt you, wanting a reaction.

An Asbo or a conviction is what they want.

It increases their Street Cred.

They are sadly disappointed when an attack is not reported but dealt with without any official response.

My Daughter is a Lesbian, subject to abuse.

We are not close, but Dad always sorts things.

They do not enjoy the Experience.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:32 AM

The parents should be MADE To be reposnsible and have to PAY damages .Then perhaps they would keep a better eye on their wayward children.

It's about time that these pathetic sentences should be replaced by something that bites.
A lot of these kids don't have a normal home life, don't care about the consequences and won't be reformed by any punishment because they see life as worthless and meaningless. Many of them are societal rejects who will never achieve anything in the conventional sense.

There is an underclass that have been ignored for years and others only notice them when they cause trouble.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:26 AM

The punishment is usually six strokes and it is administered in the presence of a doctor by the authorities
It is over quickly and and the miscreants rarely offends again .
It's is used for minor offences like car vandalism ( cars are very expensive in Singapore )

Personally if some toe rag steals someone's cars and wrecks them just for fun I want him to be hurt and humiliated .

Think of the physical damage that could have happened to some innocent person had this kid who could not really drive careered through the town . He was luscky he didn't run over someone and kill them.
Then there is the phycological damage down to the car owner who needs that car to go to work .
All the stress worry and expense that goes with it.
He or she worked to earn money to buy that car that they need
They should be redressed

The kid on the documentary was a big hulk he was arrongant and couldn't care less with the police .
The police say inthat these cases the parents are nearly always useless and say they are not getting involved .
The boy didn't even have to pay for the petrol he stole .

You seem to be able to trivialise and explain away the process and consequences of that kind of brutality with ease. You have known or spoken at length with a person and /or their family who has undergone this experience? You have dealt professionally with the pain and anger that this leaves a person and their family with? Have you? Well I have. Do you think a car or a few litres of gas is worth doing that to another human being regardless of what a "hulk" he is? How about the theft of a loaf of bread!?..Good flogging for that too. Let me tell you my friend I just wish I could have found the person and the family so easy to deal with as you would. Your "beat them harder and harder" solution for increasing crime has been touted for?..oh must be coming up for about 5000 years now. It's really working well yeah? But I'm not trying to change your mind at all. Faced a lot of challenges but I suspect that is one too far for me. Just saying. I seem to remember you saying that you pride yourself on being a straight talker. Well there's some straight talking from me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
You seem to be able to trivialise and explain away the process and consequences of that kind of brutality with ease. You have known or spoken at length with a person and /or their family who has undergone this experience? You have dealt professionally with the pain and anger that this leaves a person and their family with? Have you? Well I have.
Really how many people who have been sentenced to the rotan in Singapore have you dealt with ?
I couldn't care less if they are angry and I do hope the pain makes them think twice before committing a crime .
Actually this boy was too young to be caned and the amount of strokes is very restricted .
They dont cane anyone under 16 and rarely under 18 when a much lighter rod is used .
No one gets 24 strokes .
The usual amount is between 2 and 6

Do you think a car or a few litres of gas is worth doing that to another human being regardless of what a "hulk" he is?
Yes I do
It may be only a car or a few litres of petrol to you .
But it's someone's elses livelihood .
They worked to buy that car it wasn't given to them for free.
They may need it to go to work or take their children to school or it may be an elderly persons only way of getting about
It is they who are distressed angry and may even be in pain if they have been hit by a joyrider .

Let me tell you my friend I just wish I could have found the person and the family so easy to deal with as you would. I seem to remember you saying that you pride yourself on being a straight talker. Well there's some straight talking from me.
I am not your friend Keezoy
So kindly don't take that arsey tone with me
I am a person on an Internet forum .
I post with respect on what I think is right .

Your over dramatic scenario is quite frankly rediculous .

Too long has the criminal somehow morphed into the victim .
This insolent and shameless boy is not a victim .
He is a criminal
He causes pain and danger to others .
And he has got away with it scott free .
keezoy
Australia

02-07-2019, 11:14 AM

What you said Muddy. And Yes of course I am not your friend. It was purely a figure of speech. I think you know that. And good god almighty I swear I will never use it again. Not with you leastways. Is challenging you on your opinion taking an "arsey tone" is it?.YOu sound like a person who doesn't like being challenged. I shared what I did with you about a family I saw to make my point. I have dealt with one family who experienced this. That was enough. Your sarcastic doubt on this is offensive and just a bit "arsey" to me. You talk about respect? You don't appear to have a lot of respect about my experience as a professional person. Anyway words like dead horse and ?..flogging? are coming to mind.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

02-07-2019, 11:59 AM

You may challenge my opinion as much as you like Keezoy .
As long as you do so with respect .

As I don't know what sort of "professional " person you are and quite frankly I don't care it doesn't give your opinion any more weight .
Helps if you don't get your knickers in a twist either .

If people commit crimes they and their families must accept consequences .
As I said before the softly softl approach has failed .

If the criminals family are upset because their family member is a criminal then as you say "tough" !

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top