Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Casual conversation

Are you the sort of poster that really likes to get stuck into a debate on a subject you are particularly passionate about, or more the member who will say their brief piece and move on to another thread? A casual conversationer.

Are there areas of the forum which you tend to reside more than others, and are you solely a poster of a certain sub-forum and don't go anywhere else?

I'm a more general chat poster than one who bamgs on about one topic, though I will get passionate about issues I know something about and discuss that subject at length sometimes.

What about yourself?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Re: Casual conversation

Guess I'm a general chatter. I post on threads that interest me & ignore ones that don't. I like posting on the photo threads.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:27 PM

I’m a general chatter BUT if I'm on a topic I’m passionate about , I can turn into a pit bull who latches on and doesn’t let go.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 05:03 PM

Bang on about certain topics Moi ?
Absoutely I post on things I feel strongly about and about things I know .
Sadly as I get older this seems to be less and less .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m a general chatter BUT if I'm on a topic I’m passionate about , I can turn into a pit bull who latches on and doesn’t let go.
I love a wild, feisty young lady
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:01 PM

I only really visit a couple of forums, and in General Chat I make an occasional, brief post and then probably don't visit the thread again. There's nothing on forums I consider important enough to have a debate about, really.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:24 PM

When I first arrived on here several years ago, I threw myself into every corner with gusto. These days I am no longer doing so, as several times bitten by certain nasties I'm a lot more cautious. I read a lot, shake my head a lot, and think what an idiot a lot, but join in and get torn apart, no way. So sometimes I post round the outer edges....so to speak, and often I don't log on for a few days. Sooooo in answer to your question, I've gone from being a very involved poster to one who mostly prefers to keep her thoughts to herself.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:59 PM

I prefer to make short posts, straight to the point with little waffle. If I come in late on a thread, I find it difficult to read lots and lots of replies.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:14 PM

I've been around this forum quite a while now and in the beginning I got involved in a few of the debates. Somehow the forum seemed different then. A lot of the posters were keen to have a reasoned discussion on quite a few subjects. These days most things seem to have been "done" and I don't contribute as much as I did. I pop in each day to see what is happening, but generally I flit in and out of threads. Casual conversation is fine but much of the time I just watch.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I've been around this forum quite a while now and in the beginning I got involved in a few of the debates. Somehow the forum seemed different then. A lot of the posters were keen to have a reasoned discussion on quite a few subjects. These days most things seem to have been "done" and I don't contribute as much as I did. I pop in each day to see what is happening, but generally I flit in and out of threads. Casual conversation is fine but much of the time I just watch.
BIB I think that is a very valid point. Some members don't understand the meaning of "discussion" or "debate" - for them, a forum is a place for "imposition" of an "assertion" or "opinion" and, IMO, Brexit has made such tactics apparently mandatory. Hopefully, once Brexit is resolved, reasoned discussion may, once more, prevail .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top