Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:41 PM

Re: Casual conversation

There's no point in banging on about things,you are not going to change anyone's mind.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:44 PM

Is posting on social media sites another way of saying that some of us don't have enough people to talk to in real life?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:49 PM

The only thing missing on social media is the whites of the eyes, and soon there will be an algorithm for that.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 11:26 PM

When I first joined this site it was because I wanted to find new friends, I like people and I like discussion.

I feel I have found some friends here and that pleases me.

What doesn't please me is that this country which is supposed to be a democracy makes this site become more and more distant from the people.

I heard on the news tonight that people are being Islamaphobic and racist because of what they say such as................'Muslim people will never integrate' to me this is the truth yet we aren't allowed to voice the truth anymore. Anyway, enough, I'll probably be locked up tomorrow for voicing my opinion so on that note I bid you goodnight.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
When I first joined this site it was because I wanted to find new friends, I like people and I like discussion.

I feel I have found some friends here and that pleases me.

What doesn't please me is that this country which is supposed to be a democracy makes this site become more and more distant from the people.

I heard on the news tonight that people are being Islamaphobic and racist because of what they say such as................'Muslim people will never integrate' to me this is the truth yet we aren't allowed to voice the truth anymore. Anyway, enough, I'll probably be locked up tomorrow for voicing my opinion so on that note I bid you goodnight.
Free speech is fine, LQ. I live by it and I will never be told not to.
That isn't really my point about this thread though
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Is posting on social media sites another way of saying that some of us don't have enough people to talk to in real life?
I thought you only came here when you are bored in work

I pop in, if someone has forgotten to leave a thingstodo list and the dog is asleep.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-07-2019, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I thought you only came here when you are bored in work

I pop in, if someone has forgotten to leave a thingstodo list and the dog is asleep.
I do mate. When I eventually get off nights I'll be living such an incredibly lifestyle you will need to book me in advance for a special appearance

See your dog calls the shots in your house then
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

04-07-2019, 05:17 AM

First post, so not sure what type of poster I will be. Usually more of a listener.
Psmith
melbourne australia

04-07-2019, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I do mate. When I eventually get off nights I'll be living such an incredibly lifestyle you will need to book me in advance for a special appearance

See your dog calls the shots in your house then
Life is so much easier when you know your place.
Psmith
melbourne australia

04-07-2019, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Indy ->
First post, so not sure what type of poster I will be. Usually more of a listener.
Welcome Indy.
There's not enough listeners in the world at the moment

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top