Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 07:33 AM

Re: Casual conversation

Always done casual conversation, nowts changed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
There's no point in banging on about things,you are not going to change anyone's mind.
Very true. That 's why I think political debates on TV are a waste of time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Is posting on social media sites another way of saying that some of us don't have enough people to talk to in real life?
I can't speak for anyone else but I like a chat in real life too but I suppose in real life, we chose who we chat with. There are a lot of people on here that I would enjoy talking to in real life ( you being one of them Floydy) but there are also a few that I would avoid like the plague.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can't speak for anyone else but I like a chat in real life too but I suppose in real life, we chose who we chat with. There are a lot of people on here that I would enjoy talking to in real life ( you being one of them Floydy) but there are also a few that I would avoid like the plague.
I agree LD, but I bet we're not talking about the same people.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
When I first arrived on here several years ago, I threw myself into every corner with gusto. These days I am no longer doing so, as several times bitten by certain nasties I'm a lot more cautious. I read a lot, shake my head a lot, and think what an idiot a lot, but join in and get torn apart, no way. So sometimes I post round the outer edges....so to speak, and often I don't log on for a few days. Sooooo in answer to your question, I've gone from being a very involved poster to one who mostly prefers to keep her thoughts to herself.

Blimey,that ain't a good advert for new posters is it?..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-07-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I agree LD, but I bet we're not talking about the same people.
Who knows Rox? I would chat you up just so I could stay in Scotland for a week.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Indy ->
First post, so not sure what type of poster I will be. Usually more of a listener.
Hi Indy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Indy ->
First post, so not sure what type of poster I will be. Usually more of a listener.
Welcome, Indy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I've been around this forum quite a while now and in the beginning I got involved in a few of the debates. Somehow the forum seemed different then. A lot of the posters were keen to have a reasoned discussion on quite a few subjects. These days most things seem to have been "done" and I don't contribute as much as I did. I pop in each day to see what is happening, but generally I flit in and out of threads. Casual conversation is fine but much of the time I just watch.
I think that is a good point. Some posts by more recent members have been and gone before (not their fault of course) but I often think I have already said my piece so don't need to again.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
There's no point in banging on about things,you are not going to change anyone's mind.
Quite so. Trying to do so is an exercise in futility, which is why I never go in for debates in various topics.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top