Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:11 PM

High Salaries at the BBC for Its Top "Talent"

Salaries are justified by people claiming the talent is in someway of a rare quality. I don't think it is. There must be hundreds of people capable of doing as good a job of it if not better.

Take Gary Lineker, he's on £1700,000 a year, essentially for introducing 10 minute highlights of matches that day on MotD. How fecking hard can that be? A bit of reading the autocue and then asking a few basic question to a couple of ex-players before showing the next 10 minutes of highlights.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:22 PM

Re: High Salaries at the BBC for Its Top "Talent"

It really makes me angry Gravitas. They have recently given themselves a whopping big pay rise to add to their already eye-watering salaries, while at the same time, snatching back the free license from the over 75's, no doubt to cover this. It is the most despicable act that I have witnessed in many years. In fact, in the UK, I don't believe there is any vile action by a public broadcasting company that could match it.

A plague on all of their departments within the Biased Broadcasting Corporation. [/I]
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:31 PM

Vanessa Feltz - £355,000-£359,999 - Radio 2 show, Radio London show, Radio 2 cover

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:36 PM

It should be noted that the "salaries" paid to "stars" are only a small proportion of "earnings" obtained from the BBC by "stars" - "salaries" do not include fees for shows, such as Strictly, made by independent production companies, for example around £5.2million of Graham Norton’s BBC fees was missing from the list.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...lions-17371707
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 03:21 PM

It is totally scandalous!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Salaries are justified by people claiming the talent is in someway of a rare quality. I don't think it is. There must be hundreds of people capable of doing as good a job of it if not better.

Take Gary Lineker, he's on £1700,000 a year, essentially for introducing 10 minute highlights of matches that day on MotD. How fecking hard can that be? A bit of reading the autocue and then asking a few basic question to a couple of ex-players before showing the next 10 minutes of highlights.

I couldn't agree less....Gary Lineker,is the walkers delight boy..or is it golden wonder,

Gravitas..you are jeleous of his style.....plus his money.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I couldn't agree less....Gary Lineker,is the walkers delight boy..or is it golden wonder,

I'm not jealous, I just hope he gets a Cheesy Wotsit.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:05 PM

Some shows I used to enjoy have been spoiled for me now I know how much the "celebs" get paid.
I just don't see the justification for it!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Alex Jones and Matt Baker aren't on the "salaries" list at all, yet they each earn £500,000 from BBC Studios - which is a "commercial operation" .....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ters-increase/
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Of course we are jealous pauline, bcause if we worked our
whatsits off for 365 days ayear we would only EARN probably
only £9 an hour!
Whereas Lineker, and many others l might add! Dont imo
need to put in long hours or have to sweat,( a dirty word now
a days ) in order to recieive ( not EARN ) These obscene
payments! They dont have to study or train for years to gain
the knowledge to carry out their tasks? so what is their
contribution?
I suppose they could claim they boost viewing figures and
hence advertising revenue, but who can prove that they did
in fact have an impact on these figures?
Ultimately it is the consumer who pays for all this excess!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top