Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 09:41 AM

Re: Driving

I do drive although less than I used to. I do meals on wheels regularly and I am a bit into off roading so I have a Suzuki Escudo, rather elderly but still good, my wife has a Nissan Note and if we go shopping or visiting we go in hers as mine has usually got mud all over it.
I shall continue to drive as long as I am capable and I have to have a regular medical check to keep my licence now I am a 79 year old antique.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I do drive although less than I used to. I do meals on wheels regularly and I am a bit into off roading so I have a Suzuki Escudo, rather elderly but still good, my wife has a Nissan Note and if we go shopping or visiting we go in hers as mine has usually got mud all over it.
I shall continue to drive as long as I am capable and I have to have a regular medical check to keep my licence now I am a 79 year old antique.
If you have your wits about you,Ciderman..you shouldn't have to give up.

Ps,I read about your voluntary work...I am going to enquire about the meals on wheels vacancies ...I love people...so would enjoy that sort of work.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Still drive although it is not my main passion. What ruined it for me was having to surrender my licence after the eye op. It was only 18 months later i decided to take the DVLA eye test and passed. That eye surgeon should not have said I was not to drive any more.

Pauline
Meals on wheels reminds me of a drawing of a cat watching a mouse on roller skates passing by just in front of him.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Pauline
Meals on wheels reminds me of a drawing of a cat watching a mouse on roller skates passing by just in front of him.
LOL! It does a bit!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:05 AM

I still drive and love my little Corsa. Although I don't make nearly as many journeys since retirement I do try to drive regularly because I think if I didn't I might begin to lose my nerve.

I am working on the assumption that I shall know when it is time to give up.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:05 AM

So glad you applied for that eye test and passed,realspeed,..it just goes to show,what can or in your case could have happened,if you had listened to your surgeon.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I still drive and love my little Corsa. Although I don't make nearly as many journeys since retirement I do try to drive regularly because I think if I didn't I might begin to lose my nerve.

I am working on the assumption that I shall know when it is time to give up.
Good for you,Margaret...I think I will also know,when it's time to give up.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
A car.

Do you still drive?

Or are you now past it,because of your old age?
Yep, I still drive, I am happy with my Isuzu Dmax and cover about 20000km a year (well, it is 4 years old and has 80000km on the clock)

In a few years time I will have to make a choice - I have to take an annual test to keep my truck licence or give it up and stick with just a car licence. Probably will do the the latter but will not make a choice until I have to.

big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:57 AM

I passed my driving test in March 1944 and still drive, though only to the local shops and occasionally into town. I have never had a claim made against me and have never had to make a claim myself.
My car is a Suzuki Splash, ten years old. It had 11,000 miles on the clock when I bought it eight years ago and today has only 34,000 on the clock.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:59 AM

25 to 30,000 a year

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top