Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 04:39 PM

Re: Do you use charity bags which come through your door?

I use the local clothing bank for old clothes, anything that's new or newish and in good nick I take to the local charity shop.

The charity bags are used as bin liners.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 04:44 PM

I just use them to put rubbish in. I get at least one every week, sometimes two, and the idiots must think I renew my wardrobe and clear out cupboards every 5 or 6 days! If I'm going to bin them I may as well get some use out of them.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I just use them to put rubbish in. I get at least one every week, sometimes two, and the idiots must think I renew my wardrobe and clear out cupboards every 5 or 6 days! If I'm going to bin them I may as well get some use out of them.
The same as me, they are more regular than Jehovah's Witnesses that call at my door! Why there are so many left at houses in this area I cannot understand (charity collection bags that is)!

Some while back it was found that bogus collectors were taking any full charity bags from front doorsteps in this area. This progressed to collection points at supermarkets and local schools being stolen from. These heartless thieves then sold the clothes on, pocketing the cash themselves.

Now anything I wish to donate is taken to local charity shops then I know the clothes etc. get to the right people. Any charity bags are used for the kitchen rubbish bin, waste not want not – excuse the pun, it was deliberate!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
We seem to get quite a number of them Mags - at least one a fortnight and sometimes more. Perhaps we are getting your allocation too ...

I now put them all to other uses.
Me too! I use them for bin bags. Lots of them are collected "on behalf of" so a percentage only (if at all) goes to charity.
If they don't have a charity number they're bogus.
I'd rather take my stuff to our local shops.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 06:50 PM

No, not normally. I go to a local cancer charity but use the bags that come through the door to put my stuff in. Saves bin bags and looks nicer.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 02:10 PM

I never get any of these bags delivered.

I take stuff to the the big charity bins in supermarket car parks. They are usually full though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 02:20 PM

The ones I've seen recently don't even say that they are for charity but mention a clothing company with an overseas address.

I usually take our stuff to a local charity shop or put it in the salvation army bins at Tesco.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top