Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 04:31 PM

Great News on My Diabetes 2.

Went to see the diabetic nurse this morning.For my blood test results from a couple of weeks ago.

The first shock was he was a white man maybe foreign but white and a man never the less.
Second major surprise is my levels have dropped to 41 that means I am now out of the diabetic 2 level.
Officially I have to have another test in December to make sure I never cheated.
Also hopefully to take me off one of my 3 pills I take daily.
So where I thought 3 years ago I was on a slippery slope to full blown diabetes and put in the D2 range at 88 and last year although a big improvement at 62 it was still very high.
I am now well happy at the 41 my colestral levels are good for the first time in years also and all my other functions are good to.
Apart from a slightly high BP.
I am starting to feel younger every day..
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 05:59 PM

Re: Great News on My Diabetes 2.

That's good news Longfellow.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Went to see the diabetic nurse this morning.For my blood test results from a couple of weeks ago.

The first shock was he was a white man maybe foreign but white and a man never the less.
Second major surprise is my levels have dropped to 41 that means I am now out of the diabetic 2 level.
Officially I have to have another test in December to make sure I never cheated.
Also hopefully to take me off one of my 3 pills I take daily.
So where I thought 3 years ago I was on a slippery slope to full blown diabetes and put in the D2 range at 88 and last year although a big improvement at 62 it was still very high.
I am now well happy at the 41 my colestral levels are good for the first time in years also and all my other functions are good to.
Apart from a slightly high BP.
I am starting to feel younger every day..
Good man!!!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:02 PM

Also good news at a personal level. My second cataract op is due in three weeks time.
Maybe my son in law will give me my car back..........lol
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:04 PM

Brilliant news Longy, I too had some fab news yesterday. I used to be on 2 blood pressure tablets a day then lost a load of weight and I am now only on one a day, I have been telling my doctor for a while now I want to come off tablets completely and because my bp was so good again yesterday he has reduced my final tablet from 100mg to 50mg and I have to go back in 8 weeks time to see how I am doing on that and if my bp is good again I can come off them completely. I'm over the moon as I want to be tablet free eventually.

I can well imagine your glee at being given the news you were given this morning. Good for you, I'm happy for you, diabetes is worrying so to know you are out of the danger zone is wonderful news. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for Longy
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:43 PM

Well done for getting down from that kind of level, it's not easy I know. I had the bad news of an hba1C blood test level of 46 two years' ago now. After going on the NHS Pre-Diabetes course I got it down to 38 and can attribute that to learning more about food in general and how our bodies process it. Prior to that I knew about enough to keep myself alive, not on 'rubbish food' as I had a good diet but it was the 'wrong food'. Also I cut out all added sugar, other than just a half teaspoon in my two cups of coffee a day, adding salt to my food was something else I stopped completely.

Two years' on now I am about to get another hba1C blood test mid-August, fingers crossed it will be lower than the last one which had gone up to 41, still within the range of 35 to 47 but it needs to have gone down rather than up.

The problem I find is that it's so easy to slip back into habits that are not so good. It's not a case of eating the right food, that now is automatic from learning on that course, it's just that portion control is as important as the right food and that's something I do find difficult.

The other important part of the change of lifestyle is exercise. That's something that I know has slipped so I have to get back to my half-hour daily walk. That is enough exercise and allowed me to lose 10kg plus my blood pressure is down and cholesterol levels as they should be.

It's all good though and once the change of lifestyle has become your usual one, it's not quite as difficult.

Keep up the good work, there is so much to gain and nothing to lose, other than weight!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 08:16 PM

Great news there peep's glad to see you are nearly ready for that bikini again LQ you'll soon be running along that beach again.

Baz I still have so many bad habits I know where you are coming from with the diet's.
I have cut down on my sugar intake I now use sweetex or honey when I remember.
All I have really added to my diet is salads with meals like I got used to when in Spain, and also eating a apple after evening meals so that I don't get to much repeating on me.
Also during the day they recommend not eating to much at once. Well I have always been a picky eater since this emphysema took over my life big meals leave me so bloated and out of breath.
So what I am saying is that part of it was not hard at all.

I am also down to 75k's from a few years ago when I was around 94.
Yes the numbers are coming down and yes I just have to make sure I carry on improving and not slip back.
I reckon whilst summer is here my walking every morning is enough exercise,when the winter comes we shall see.
I do have a exercise bike up in the bedroom but its collecting dust.

Thanks Susie.

Good luck with that cataract op Besoeker best done whilst the weather is warm so you don't get a chill in the eye when winter arrives.

Stay healthy people
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

19-07-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Good luck with that cataract op Besoeker best done whilst the weather is warm so you don't get a chill in the eye when winter arrives.
Thank you kindly, longfellow.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Also good news at a personal level. My second cataract op is due in three weeks time.
Maybe my son in law will give me my car back..........lol
Good luck Bes, when my mum had cataracts removed it was the best thing, she was amazed how she could see again
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:40 AM

Sincerest congratulations, Longfellow. I admire the hard work it took for you to get back into those normal levels! You are an inspiration!

Lion Queen, so happy to read about your progress too. I know you have been under some stress, which usually causes people to backslide, but you seem to be managing beautifully. Well done!

Besoeker, good luck on the surgery. Tell your SIL he has worn out your car and will just have to buy you a new one .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top