Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:53 AM

Re: A place for everything

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Thank you Baz due to arts thread I am going to spend less time on here today and go through my latest stuff again .
I unearthed five boxes from the loft .
They have a lot of sentimental things in them .
My children’s art work their school reports old invitations
Do other people keep this stuff ?
I also have quite a lot of ornaments and artifacts from my travels and they are nice .
Well some are (I have an Indonesian death mask on the kitchen wall )
It’s doesnt exactly fit in
Well done Muddy, just take it one bit at a time. It doesn't matter how long a time or how short a time you spend going through things and clearing up. It's the fact you are doing something. Then every minute spent is one more towards reaching your goal, it's seeing that it's possible to achieve that in easy steps.

Good luck with your efforts. Remember when it's all done you can then spend more time on here telling us all how you achieved that objective!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Thank you Baz due to arts thread I am going to spend less time on here today and go through my latest stuff again .
I unearthed five boxes from the loft .
They have a lot of sentimental things in them .
My children’s art work their school reports old invitations
Do other people keep this stuff ?
I also have quite a lot of ornaments and artifacts from my travels and they are nice .
Well some are (I have an Indonesian death mask on the kitchen wall )
It’s doesnt exactly fit in
I have kept a small bag of things from the past, but have either given our children items relating to their youth, or I got rid of it if they didn't want it. My husband never gets rid of anything given half a chance, but rarely notices if I clear out all his junk too. Our home would be overrun with stuff well past its sell by date if I left it to him.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:43 AM

I'm tidy minded and minimalist because I hate losing things . I get annoyed with myself because I put important things in important places and loose them even now

I had something very important I decided to put it where I would find it on an important day . I searched for two weeks because I'd lost it and could not remember the important place . I had to have another set made and it cost me again .

I was clearing out under my bed and opened an important place and there was my important set of cards I'd needed weeks before

Now I have two sets of important cards in the important safe place
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 12:19 PM

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 12:43 PM

I think we must be related Art
I have loads of baking tins etc too Mr M through away my Christmas cake tin yesterday ( he doesn't like Christmas cake so I haven't used it for 20 years )
I was quite upset !

As for the rest ( all my children's drawings and things they made they are precious to me .

I can visualise my boys saying what on earth did Mum keep this load of old rubbish for !
Muddy, If it’s any consolation, it has been your threads that have inspired me and my mission now is to minimalise.

The reason l said, l thought of you constantly wasn’t because l fancied you! it was because your threads have made me realise l had to do something.

It has actually been therapeutic, to get rid of items that are no longer needed and are just clutter.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 12:49 PM

Art I am hard broken !
Nah not really geroff !
I am glad to have inspired you I need now to inspire myself !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Hi

I have somehow misplaced my electric drill, I have the case but not the drill and battery.

I have hunted high and low for it, it must be somewhere.

It is very annoying.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

12-08-2019, 06:47 PM

I wouldn't say I was exactly tidy, but I do hate clutter, p!us being sight impaired, it's much easier for me if things have a definite place.
We also live in a flat, so there's very little storage.
Unfortunately, both DH and DD are very untidy. There are things dumped everywhere. As fast as I tidy up one area, somewhere else is just as bad.
Drives me crazy and I spend most of time searching for things..

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top