Join for free
Page 10 of 47 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Re: Prince Harry

What racist tropes?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:38 AM

To be honest Julie, I personally haven't read or heard anything racist being said about Meghan. I would be very disgusted and disappointed if I did.
I know there was that episode with (I think it was Danny Baker) making a disgusting comment about the new baby resembling a monkey, but he was rightly sacked on the spot for that.

Can you remember where you saw or heard it? Surely there would have been an outcry if there had been.

As for "Doesn't mean it isn't happening" No doubt it is Julie. There will always be those happy to make race an issue when bad publicity has been courted.

Frankly, I think we have a lot more to worry about than finding fault with the Royal Family. I think the papers are just desperate for news other than Brexit. If it can cover two pages rather than one, all the better for them.

Sad.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:45 AM

I can't believe no one else saw the palace comment on the racism Megan has had, the on line trolling. Sky news had a big piece about it when she was pregnant, and other news organisations have talked about it at various times.
The palace twitter feed was closed for a while to stop the racist abuse. It's been talked about a lot.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:54 AM

I saw a comment that said Harry was polluting royal blood by having a mixed race child. There were others saying they kept a hat on Archie to hide his curly hair. Plus quite a lot of innuendo. The racism may be glossed over but it is there. And this is the 21st century!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Well I haven’t seen any .
Try reading a better class of paper or online media .
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well I haven’t seen any .
Try reading a better class of paper or online media .
So pretending it's not happening makes it not happen? Deary me...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2019, 11:10 AM

I couldn’t care less what colour the women is and I expect most people feel that way after all it’s not that unusual to be of mixed race today .
In fact it’s not unusual at all
There are Markle lookalikes everywhere .
It’s the colour of our money they are spending that is of more concern .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Of course no one thought that creating and then playing a non-existent racist card by The Firm might just possibly be an attempt to divert public attention from her dreadful behaviour.

To create a "poor ickle Meghan" image?

"Poor Meghan"

Pfft.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2019, 11:21 AM

Nah they are not bright enough .
I think they have enough on their plate with airmiles Andy .
He has got himself into a right pickle .

And those underage girls aren’t that naive .
At 17 they are not babies
They weren’t exactly chained to the luxury boats and planes .
They now need more money and this is exactly the way they will get it .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
So pretending it's not happening makes it not happen? Deary me...
That seems to be the attitude personally I want to see it so I know what is out there, keeping eyes closed or only reading things that agree with your own opinion is a dangerous path to follow IMO

Page 10 of 47 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top