Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Re: Do You Ever Feel You Are Living In The Wrong Century?

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Oh yes I forgot

All these blinking TV channels there seem to be hundreds of them yet I only watch 5 .

Muddy- where is the blinking cloud and how does it keep all my stuff safe yet I forget how to find this cloud thing . I cant see it up there or in there or out there and who else can see this cloud oojamaflip and what does it look like .
I've hundreds of photos somewhere out there but they must be floating around because I've forgotten how to find it or them . Then what happens to my stuff and photos when I leave this planet because if I cant find them how else will my kids find their baby photos

They are up there somewhere mixed up with mine!

I sometimes scan old photos -I can do this just and send them to my children .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:02 AM

I agree with Angel. All the tech stuff left me behind years ago. I'd ask kids how to make the new DVD player worked, but then never showed me, they just got impatient and did it. So I was never any wiser.
Apps ? What the heck ? I have an iPhone but seldom use it . Daughter continues to load Apps onto it, which I neither need , understand or want and my fingers are so fat now, more often than not I press the wrong keys so have to start again.
Changing utility/energy/phone companies every year ! That is probably the greatest imposition of living in this century. Why should we be forced to do such things. One company would be so much cheaper too, but it keeps all the energy companies afloat, even the French Government.
Weights and measures, I agree are a headache, particularly when baking a cake. Get the flour wrong and a cake could thud on the floor.
Press button this, press button that... scam phone calls trying to rip you off, voice recognition, etc.etc.etc.

I'm with ArtAngel, and for all the good things we now benefit from, I should have stayed in 20th century for ease of understanding and management of our own lives.
Half the time, I feel as if I'm living in one big fog swirling around.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Everyday things I miss from the 20th c.

Customer service.

Loyalty.

erm
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:52 AM

The only thing that narks me is putting the TV on, it is now a five part process.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Everyday things I miss from the 20th c.

Customer service.

Loyalty.

erm
Is loyalty a good thing?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 12:52 PM

No. I think this century is too fast, and too crowded, too busy, I'm not a Tecno freak and quiet happy to trundle along like I used to. I sometimes disconnect from the Internet totally for a few weeks and go back to real life, especially around the next few weeks when harvest begins as I take over several other jobs around here while Himself is out in the fields with the huge machines......I really enjoy it too.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:20 PM

I feel like I'm living in a previous century every time I go shopping to Marks and Spencer. Whoever designed the fashions for women, is also the costume designer for the Handmaids Tale! Old fashioned......dreary.........spiritless........
they are SO behind the times I'm surprised they're still in business!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:25 PM

I don't mind technology moving forward but I object to companies kicking us in the b******s when they do so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by lindyloo ->
i feel like i'm living in a previous century every time i go shopping to marks and spencer. Whoever designed the fashions for women, is also the costume designer for the handmaids tale! Old fashioned......dreary.........spiritless........
They are so behind the times i'm surprised they're still in business!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 04:46 PM

Well there's one good thing about the 21st century....
Over50'sForum....We wouldn't have known each other....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top