Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 10:53 AM

Suggestions please

Next week my husband and I will have been married for 50 years. We have decided the best way of marking the occasion is to give a donation to a charity. We give donations on a regular basis to a number of charities, but thought it was a good idea to ask people for suggestions. They must all be charities which benefit the human species. We will give them all serious thought and I will let people know next week, which one will receive our donation.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:25 AM

Re: Suggestions please

Congratulations on 50 years of marriage to you both..for next week...I’m sure any children’s charity will be a worthy.cause, but there are so many worthy charities to donate to, how about splitting the amount you decide to give between a number of charities, perhaps to some you haven’t donated to before ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Congratulations on 50 years of marriage to you both..for next week...I’m sure any children’s charity will be a worthy.cause, but there are so many worthy charities to donate to, how about splitting the amount you decide to give between a number of charities, perhaps to some you haven’t donated to before ?
We regularly donate to children's charities. We have to decided to give a generous donation to just one charity.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:36 AM

How about the Air Ambulance Service - they do wonderful work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How about the Air Ambulance Service - they do wonderful work.

I agree. Perhaps the Royal National Lifeboat people as well.

Tara, it is hard to suggest things when we have no idea of your interests.
Other than knowing you would not help any animal charities, I have no idea of your interests or who you would like to support.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Hi

Barnados, low overheads and do great work.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree. Perhaps the Royal National Lifeboat people as well.

Tara, it is hard to suggest things when we have no idea of your interests.
Other than knowing you would not help any animal charities, I have no idea of your interests or who you would like to support.
We are leaving it to people to make suggestions. We supported the RLNI on a regular basis for many years.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 12:09 PM

Tara, one in two people are likely to suffer cancer, yet cancer research is making inroads into finding cures & are very hopeful!
I know that all charities need help and you should find one that you wish to help....but the reason I mention this one is because yesterday my best friend from school, who currently has incurable cancer, phoned to tell me that her son now has terminal throat cancer and is being given palliative care.

I don't know what is causing this huge increase in cancer sufferers, but helping to fund a cure could be a good idea for your donation.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 12:39 PM

You could by a large amount of groceries or personal hygiene products and then donate those to a selection of food banks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You could by a large amount of groceries or personal hygiene products and then donate those to a selection of food banks.

Yes. Another good idea, Judd.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top