Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Re: Suggestions please

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Thank you for your suggestions.

My husband and I have given the matter a lot of thought and decided that we needed to be absolutely sure every penny we donate will be used to benefit the cause we care about. This cannot be guaranteed where charities are concerned as the admin costs and begging letters are paid for by the money donors give them.

Our vicar daughter's church does an excellent job helping children who are in need of care and support. We give money on a regular basis to fund it, but know the substantial sum we are prepared to donate to mark our 50 years of marriage will be very helpful and all the money will be used for this purpose.

We will still give donations to charities, including some of the ones listed on this thread.
I am glad you have made your decision Tara & at least you will know what your donation will be used for.
I hope you also enjoy a pleasant anniversary.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am glad you have made your decision Tara & at least you will know what your donation will be used for.
I hope you also enjoy a pleasant anniversary.
We have no plans to do anything on the day of the anniversary, just not us.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Thank you for your suggestions.

My husband and I have given the matter a lot of thought and decided that we needed to be absolutely sure every penny we donate will be used to benefit the cause we care about. This cannot be guaranteed where charities are concerned as the admin costs and begging letters are paid for by the money donors give them.

Our vicar daughter's church does an excellent job helping children who are in need of care and support. We give money on a regular basis to fund it, but know the substantial sum we are prepared to donate to mark our 50 years of marriage will be very helpful and all the money will be used for this purpose.

We will still give donations to charities, including some of the ones listed on this thread.
Why wasn't that top of your list anyway? Why consider other charities when you can help your vicar daughter? Anyway, congratulations on your Anniversary and I'm sure the kids will benefit from your substantial donation.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Why wasn't that top of your list anyway? Why consider other charities when you can help your vicar daughter? Anyway, congratulations on your Anniversary and I'm sure the kids will benefit from your substantial donation.
We hadn't thought of it until after I had asked for suggestions.

Our girl doesn't know about it yet, I only sent her the e-mail telling her about it after she left to do her morning services.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top