Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 06:53 AM

I received an email this morning

from ... Your Media Team at myleonandco.com

message started ...

BT

We're writing to let you know how the upcoming withdrawal of the UK from the EU will affect your services.
... wanting me to click on something.

I googled myleonandco.com

McAfee warning ... Very Risky!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 07:02 AM

Re: I received an email this morning

Thank you for the warning!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You posted this again after 20 minutes, Tabby. You must be doubly concerned
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You posted this again after 20 minutes, Tabby. You must be doubly concerned
PC - paying me back for letting the techy guys rummage in it's innards!

Posted first one - had message saying 'connection failed - try later' - so, later, I did the second one - only to find it had already processed the first one!. Obviously this PC tells porkies!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:17 AM

Posted first one - had message saying 'connection failed - try later' - so, later, I did the second one - only to find it had already processed the first one!. Obviously this PC tells porkies!
The Mods may merge the two posts
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2019, 08:20 AM

Sorry d00d, I've completely ignored your post.
Anything like this - weird messages on my phone, phone calls from people who ask if it's me (I never tell them) and anybody I don't know sending me emails I delete immediately.
If it's important they can come round to my house and speak to me face to face with their I.D. badges displayed. And then I'll tell them to buggeroff.
Scamming bastards.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:28 AM

Thanks for warning.

I have been getting phone calls supposedly from BT telling me my IP address has been compromised.

As I am no longer a customer of BT then it has to be another scam. They are a blasted menace !
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:28 AM

I've also had this but only on OFF, never on any other website. It's also just for seconds, or fraction of only. All I can think is that when posting and there's a very slight delay (disconnection) that message comes up automatically. However, the post remains in the process of posting, hence your double post.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2019, 08:30 AM

I'm not even with BT incidentally. Hull has its own telephone system, KCOM, which has its ups and downs, so BT is happily not part of my life.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Sorry d00d, I've completely ignored your post.
Anything like this - weird messages on my phone, phone calls from people who ask if it's me (I never tell them) and anybody I don't know sending me emails I delete immediately.
If it's important they can come round to my house and speak to me face to face with their I.D. badges displayed. And then I'll tell them to buggeroff.
Scamming bastards.
You should checkout their cred. ... get them to sing Floyd's Time, word perfect, then tell them to buggeroff.

I'm suspicious of all these emails, this is quite a sophisticated one. But an unlikely yarn ....

We're writing to let you know how the upcoming withdrawal of the UK from the EU will affect your services.

Although it is currently unclear on what terms the UK will leave the EU on the 31st October, our terms of service are changing and require you to manually accept them.

Your monthly bill will remain the same. To learn more and accept our changes,simply follow the link below

You may find some of your online services limited if you fail to update your new terms of service.
BT is my isp. How did this email, with their logo on it, slip thru their av?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top