Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 01:58 PM

Re: Windows 10 is driving me nuts!

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Just re-booted - Blurry password screen still there so turned "Transparency" OFF - Re-booted - Instead of blurring, password screen goes darker but I prefer that .....
Have you had an update since the 1903 one? I wasn't worried by the blurry picture on the password screen but noticed it wasn't there by default on the subsequent update.

Thanks for the information on Flash. I know MS Edge still includes Flash Player but this entire browser isn't set to last much longer. MS are working on a browser based on Chromium. When it is released, I presume Flash Player won't be included.

The developing 'Edge' browser can be downloaded here if you're interested in taking a look at it:

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

I've installed the Dev Channel browser, just to see how it's going. It looks just like a Chromium browser.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Have you had an update since the 1903 one?
Yes and I'd previously re-booted .....

Turned "Transparency" ON - Just re-booted for the fourth time - Blurry password screen back again .....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 02:12 PM

I don't know what's going on with that then. When I first saw it, I thought I should have gone to Specsavers.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I don't know what's going on with that then. When I first saw it, I thought I should have gone to Specsavers.
That was my thought, too .....

I'll stick with the slight darkening .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 04:11 PM

Why did they do that? I liked my screen as it was! Blimmin interfering busybodies!
As for Flash I can't play Angry Birds now!

I am an Angry Bird!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Don’t do it mups .
It’s horrible .
Since I went onto w 10 I have no idea where anything is .
As Tess says photos are in umpteen places I never know where they are .
I wish I was back on XP.
I don't know why - Windows still has the Libraries (Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures) I think there is a new one called 3D Object and you can create any extra that you need. Nothing about that changed in Windows 10

If you use Windows library system backing up is easy.

They are usually created on C: drive in your %Userprofile%, ie in the same folder as Desktop.

Simple as...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't know why - Windows still has the Libraries (Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures) I think there is a new one called 3D Object and you can create any extra that you need. Nothing about that changed in Windows 10

If you use Windows library system backing up is easy.

They are usually created on C: drive in your %Userprofile%, ie in the same folder as Desktop.

Simple as...
Mature People don't like change Bruce, and they don't want to be buggering about with their computer all the time. It's a tool and microsoft shouldn't keep messing around with it. If the software needs constant tinkering about with it's not fit for purpose and should be taken off the market and only put back on the market when it's finished....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's been updating for over an hour and still only 10%!
Is there a way to stop updates, that a complete idiot can understand please?

It's bad enough that it completely disorganised my photos so I have to search three or four places to find them, I hate it!

Bring back Windows 7!
I guess that most people have experienced concerns about these massive updates.

I had to leave my laptop on, all night, recently to allow it to finish this big one. It takes longer and longer if you have a smaller amount of memory, etc.

Anyway, there seems to be good news, going into next year, as MS are saying that they plan to stop doing huge cumulative updates in favour of going back to much smaller, and easier to install, and better tested updates - probably monthly.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you go to the settings/updates pages and pick a schedule time when you're around but not wanting to use your machine.

Sadly, not doing updates at all is not really an option as (1) there are lots of coding problems around which need to be fixed (2) any warranty you have may require that you have done it and (3) if you take it to be repaired, the repairer will probably do all the updates before he fixes it, on your time and money.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's been updating for over an hour and still only 10%!
Is there a way to stop updates, that a complete idiot can understand please?

It's bad enough that it completely disorganised my photos so I have to search three or four places to find them, I hate it!

Bring back Windows 7!
My feelings exactly!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My feelings exactly!
Sorry, you can only "Pause" them and then only for about 5 weeks.

If you do that, MS will not allow you to keep doing a pause, again and again.

Bottom line is that MS own the software. We buy a licence to use that software and we are expected to follow the rules written in the terms & conditions!

Same rules for nearly all software, everywhere.

So, if they hear about some faults, and want to fix them, or if they want to put in some classy marketing stuff, like new features, they can.

Apparently there are 400 million machines, out there, using W10.

Big market place, virtually no competition, (except for very expensive packages or freebies).

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top