Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Re: Are You A Follower Or, A Leader?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
join the club
We are in good company then dood
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Definitely a leader. Get thee behind me Satan!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
– Snip –

Like the sticker that sometimes used to appear in the back window of some cars: 'Don't follow me, I'm lost'
Originally Posted by summer ->
Don't follow me I'm lost...I like that Margaret it about sums me up too

– Snip –
I've not seen or heard of that one.

For me though it really just depends on what the leader is following for me to be a follower or just do my own thing.

Seriously though I am unique, an individual so do whatever it is I wish to do on that basis!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 01:10 PM

I have come to realise that being a leader is not always about being in front and telling folks what they need to do. If I have a strategy it is that of being a facilitator - in the background - pushing folks on when they need it. Perhaps that is sneaky, but it works and folks often don't realise they are being led (or might that be manipulated). Seriously, I think I can be both a leader and a follower as appropriate to the situation. I am fairly adaptive and co-operative, but I will only follow if I agree and feel confident in the person I follow. Sometimes I find it is better to go it alone and sometimes I need folks with me. Who ends up leading and who follows is not as important as getting the job done.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Don't follow me I'm lost...I like that Margaret it about sums me up too

I'm not a follower that's for sure.....I never successfully joined a group in my life....not even the Brownies or Guides....joining this forum is about as near a group as I get....and I'm.mostly ignored here

I'm in your group of ignored, too, Summer

If I am with a group having a discussion as to how to handle a topic or start moving forward with a project, I wait to see if someone volunteers to head it up. If no one seems to want to take the lead, I step up to the plate.
Guess I'm a little of both, standing on the fence.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think l am a bit of both and it depends on the situation.

What are you, a follower or a leader? Or, maybe, you’re like me a bit of both!
Hi Art, Been both throughout my life. Neither now, just me being me. I say what I want, I do what I want and I wear what I want. Oh the joy of being my age!
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

12-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Definitely not a follower. Have always had a bit of a rebellious streak.
Sometimes I like the feel of belonging to a group, but it doesn't usually last that long. Would much rather do my own thing, my way.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 03:17 PM

I don't think I follow or lead ...... although I am quite a good map reader for Mr Mags when we go somewhere different in the car!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 04:15 PM

I was a bimbler, I sort of bimbled from one place to another, people tended to follow me purely out of curiosity
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I was a bimbler, I sort of bimbled from one place to another, people tended to follow me purely out of curiosity
That doesn't surprise me Rehab

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top