Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 02:44 AM

How often do you consult wikipedia?

Almost daily.
makes me wonder how I survived pre Internet/Wiki days. Then if we had a question in our heads, we either postponed or just quit altogether.
That must mean we are better informed these days. Answers to questions are at our fingertips. pre-internet we either stayed in the dark or had to ask others. I lived in a country town so we were even less informed.

Ive also used youtube to solve handyman problems. ones I would have given up before. It gives hope to non handymen like myself.
And word definitions using online dictionaries/synonym. So quick. So convenient.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 03:22 AM

Re: How often do you consult wikipedia?

Quite often. I also donate $100 a year. It is one of the most amazing things that the internet has ever provided.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Quite often. I also donate $100 a year. It is one of the most amazing things that the internet has ever provided.
That is very generous of you. If I was earning good money I would too.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
That is very generous of you. If I was earning good money I would too.
Thanks. That's between 3 of us. My son is a student and also has a PT job. He uses it all the time. My wife works and I have some income from Super so we can afford to donate. THose who can should I think. It's such an amazing resource.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:57 AM

How often do you consult wikipedia?

Ten times a day. Good innit!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:00 AM

I do it all the time too even watching TV i am always checking out stuff....historical detail or actors ages that sort of thing....just nosey I suppose
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Thanks. That's between 3 of us. My son is a student and also has a PT job. He uses it all the time. My wife works and I have some income from Super so we can afford to donate. THose who can should I think. It's such an amazing resource.
Should I outlive my wife, I'll leave them a few grand in my will. I can't think of a better "cause".
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:04 AM

Hardly ever, some of the info is rubbish.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

14-08-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Hardly ever, some of the info is rubbish.
... interesting you say that Tess. I didn't have you down as a conspiracy theorist, political extremist or anything like that.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... interesting you say that Tess. I didn't have you down as a conspiracy theorist, political extremist or anything like that.

I'm not. I just don't believe everything I read.
Some of it is written by people who have no real knowledge, some is made up to suit an agenda, political or just to influence.
Some of it is old and has been disproved or amended.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top