Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:16 PM

Re: Tolerating Intolerance

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
It always was relevant precious - I read it when I was 10 (last year at junior school and it made me think, which was the idea.
But did you understand it? no of course not.
each paragraph has huge political significance.
its worth re reading.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Hate is an overused word.
Apostrophes work.
im sarcastic but you know you are on a british forum when you read posts like this. so droll. but that hint of arrogance and well , nastiness, to be honest.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by precious ->
im sarcastic but you know you are on a british forum when you read posts like this. so droll. but that hint of arrogance and well , nastiness, to be honest.
All deduced after 23 posts. .....and then I saw that you are from Australia, the big chip country
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by precious ->
And you exude charm.
precious
Brisbane Australia

14-08-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
All deduced after 23 posts. .....and then I saw that you are from Australia, the big chip country
more nastiness. more evidence.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:51 PM

The Brits used to work to fine tolerances, now they don't, all they do is data.
precious
Brisbane Australia

14-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Hey I do love British culture though. Comedians like Cleese and Barker. Cleese said recently " there are two kinds of banter...friendly and nasty. be aware of the distinction. " So i respect Cleese even more than i used to.
Indy
New Member!
US
Indy is male 

15-08-2019, 02:16 AM

Is it really tolerating intolerance or just being self centered?
precious
Brisbane Australia

15-08-2019, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Indy ->
Is it really tolerating intolerance or just being self centered?
Not sure what you are referring to.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I've already given you a serve on the "Ideation" thread Joe. But Rehab I think you might be thinking about an Australia that may have existed decades ago. These days I think we are for the most part trying to get control of our unbridled optimism. We get accused by the Brits of being too cocky these days. Maybe some of us (Old) Australians still have a chip on their shoulder. I am 67 and some days I feel 27. I don't think I have one. I have zero to complain about. I've lived in Britain and some of the young people I met were as miserable and pessimistic as their parents. Most young people I meet here are as confident as they could be and just jumping out of their skin with enthusiam for life regardless of where they come from.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top