Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 12:09 PM

Re: What is happening to our country with all this violent crime?

I think crime will be much worse when we come out of the EU, a huge mistake. When the prices of goods go up more people will resort to stealing to fund their lifestyle, imo.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If they were funded by the local authorities they weren’t exactly charities surely ?
At the end of the day it’s down to the parents to care for children and their up bringing not youth workers .

Of course this would be in a perfect world .
The main problem is there are too many people and like rats in a barrel people turn on each other .

Natures way of reducing the population .
I don't understand your first point. You can be a registered charity and still receive income from local authorities. It's all about being not for profit/voluntary, for the benefit of others etc.

Fact is that these organisations rely on funding to keep them going, they may be staffed by volunteers but they still need to rent premises and pay bills. They are a cheap way of plugging a gap that's difficult for more formal organisations to bridge. Unfortunately the people making the decisions to pull funding don't always understand the benefits.

Overpopulation should not be a reason for anarchy.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tr1sh ->
I think what has changed is the lack of a police presence on the streets and, even if you are arrested and convicted, you will only serve a fraction of that time in jail.

The only way our streets will be safe again will be when we have zero tolerance on the streets and tougher sentencing in the courts.
Exactly Trish. I read with disbelief this morning of the mother who murdered her 1-year-old twin boys as an act of spite against her estranged husband. She received a sentence of 10 years!!!! that's just five years per life.
Her first words when arrested was "was my husband upset?" What's the betting this evil cow only serves half that sentence.

The sooner we have zero tolerance to murder and violence, the better. Full sentences to be served, Life to mean life. (rot in jail), and full stop and search regardless of colour or religion. Stuff the leftie liberals who seem to cry racism or invasion of privacy. Stop the three strikes and you are out with knife possession. This madness is the same as giving permission to carry them in the first place.

I hope Priti Patel really gets a grip of the horror that is taking place in this country.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top