Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:41 PM

Angry Bavarian politician sends bus full of refugees to Merkel

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/angry-bava...125858243.html

BERLIN (Reuters) - An irate local politician in Germany's southern state of Bavaria has dispatched a bus filled with dozens of refugees on a 7-hour journey to Chancellor Angela Merkel's office in Berlin as a protest against her open-door refugee policy.

A spokesman for Peter Dreier from the southeastern town of Landshut confirmed to Reuters that 31 refugees were making the 550 kilometre trip to the capital and were likely arrive in the afternoon.

A video on the online site of German newspaper Die Welt showed police officers shepherding dozens of men and women with bags onto a bus in a sunny country road lined with trees and chalets.

Dreier appeared to be acting on a threat he made to Merkel last year. Critical of her mantra that Germany can cope with the influx of migrants, he reportedly issued a warning to the chancellor in a phone call in October.

"If Germany is taking in 1 million refugees, mathematically that means 1,800 will come to my district. I will take them and if there are any more, I will send them to your office," Die Welt quoted Dreier as saying.

Dreier, who was not available to comment, represents the Freie Waehler, a loose grouping of politicians who do not have a common policy, but campaign on individual issues mostly at the local level.

Merkel is under increasing pressure to stem the flow of migrants coming to Germany, many from war zones in the Middle East or Africa. Some 1.1 million people arrived last year and several thousand continue to stream in every day.

Local authorities are stretched both financially and logistically to house and look after refugees and there has been a backlash by right-wing groups who have warned of the problems of integration.

Mass sexual assaults on women in Cologne at New Year by gangs of young men described by police as being of Arab or North African in appearance, have deepened worries.

The frustration in Bavaria, the main entry point for most migrants coming to Germany, is especially strong with Merkel's conservative allies, the Christian Social Union (CSU), repeatedly calling on her to introduce a formal cap on migrant numbers. She has resisted such a cap, arguing that it would be impossible to enforce.

(Reporting by Reuters Television; Writing by Madeline Chambers; Editing by Noah Barkin
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:44 PM

Re: Angry Bavarian politician sends bus full of refugees to Merkel

She is a silly German sausage!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:48 PM

Well done that man. You cant have such an influx of so many
in that short period of time.
I feel very sorry for their position but someone has to do
something about Syria itself as I am sure most would prefer
to stay in their own houses there.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:49 PM

I'm surprised he didn't send them to her home address instead of her office in Berlin.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm surprised he didn't send them to her home address instead of her office in Berlin.
Pity he didnīt.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 09:55 PM

Hi

It is not just the politicians who are fed up with her.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160113/merk...gees-top-judge

The woman is teflon coated and dangerous.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2016, 10:04 PM

It sounds to me like Murky is just as popular as Call Me Dave.

Seriously, if the majority of the people of a democratic nation are demonstrably unhappy with a situation, the personal wishes of their elected leader, if they are contrary to the wishes of the people, should not carry any weight whatsoever.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It sounds to me like Murky is just as popular as Call Me Dave.

Seriously, if the majority of the people of a democratic nation are demonstrably unhappy with a situation, the personal wishes of their elected leader, if they are contrary to the wishes of the people, should not carry any weight whatsoever.

Try telling that to Cameron, Osborne & Hunt!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Try telling that to Cameron, Osborne & Hunt!!!
True. They don't give a toss, at least for three years.

Unfortunately, the Labour party is now effectively split into two and probably hasn't the weight to challenge the present government.

I just hope that those people who voted for Cameron have learnt their lesson.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2016, 01:01 PM

She has made a huge mistake which won't only affect her own people but europeans too. What on earth was she thinking?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top