Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:18 PM

Re: Swedish Women on ORGASM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I can't imagine why you want to discuss this on a senior forum. We are not sexually active boys & girls - just mostly retired folk who know it all already.
Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Really? Hmmmmmmmm. Well, I'm not far from my 69th. birthday but my wife is only 46 so .......

Read my post properly please. I said we are not sexually active boys and girls.
I didn't say we aren't sexually active men & women.

What I was trying to say was I don't think the article was aimed at the oldies because we know it all already - don't we?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Read my post properly please. I said we are not sexually active boys and girls.
I didn't say we aren't sexually active men & women.

What I was trying to say was I don't think the article was aimed at the oldies because we know it all already - don't we?

Trouble is, I forget . . . .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:27 PM

More tea, Vicar?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
I find it hard to believe that Swedish women have these reactionary attitudes!
Unless the editor of the article is in her 90s, that might explain it.
Don't know about the editor but the journalist is 18. The article in its original:

http://www.metro.se/metro-debatt/det...!EIMsVSl9pkWx/
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
In today's METRO, Sweden. I've translated the bulk of it myself, so anything that might be unclear is my fault.

METRO. 07 January 2016

“It ought to be obvious that women should have an orgasm. We must change our view on female sexuality and pleasure. It should not be considered a feminist cause to cum”, writes Emelie Jonson.

“Many think that sexual intercourse is complete once the man has had an orgasm, our upbringing on sexuality teaches us that a woman's orgasm is not as important as a man's. It should not be that way.”

“Have you ever considered the fact that boys and girls are brought up differently with regards sexuality? If not, let me explain.”

“When I was younger it was understood that boys masturbated. It was not a question of 'if' they did but more a question of 'how much'. It was often discussed openly and was a natural part of growing up for them.”

“No one ever said it was OK”
(such discussions) “for us girls to do the same.”

“So really it is not so odd that many today consider the act of sex completed when the male reaches orgasm. Women have, if we focus on heterosexual relationship, never had an opportunity to understand that her own sexuality, her pleasure, is equally important.”

That women have not been able to appreciate this fact … “is because of what the community has taught them, or more correctly what it has not taught them.”

“Personally, I have heard that untold numbers of males, generally speaking, question the fact that women do not masturbate.”

“The key to female orgasm, generally speaking, is by direct stimulation of the clitoris. Where is sexual knowledge that ought to teach young girls this fact? Why are we deprived control of our own sexuality through silence on the subject?”

“It is time to react. Everything revolves around creating a society where satisfaction of both genders are equally important. Where young people are not separated by gender, where one partner is allowed to experiment with his sexuality while the other, in silence, simply accepts that she should not.”

Emelie Jonson

My spontaneous reaction is (1) that I doubt this Emelie Jonson knows very much about boys, what we know, and what we believe (2) that she thinks boys are actually taught what is pleasurable and (3) …… she is completely oblivious to the biological differences in male/female orgasm and their natural, “unequal” consequences. If she wants to pull herself on the sly (as do boys) …. who cares? I'll neither scoff - nor cheer her on.
I would have thought that any normal man would have learnt all this after just a couple of sexually active years. What is wrong with men in Sweden, are they like Over50 posters, afraid to talk about the subject.
Women do not practice self satisfaction, that made me laff. Many enjoy it more than men and more often.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-Not-more.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=dukeofearl;791519]I would have thought that any normal man would have learnt all this after just a couple of sexually active years. What is wrong with men in Sweden, are they like Over50 posters, afraid to talk about the subject.
Women do not practice self satisfaction, that made me laff. Many enjoy it more than men and more often.

Who said they were afraid to talk about this?

There are many other reasons someone may not wish to discuss it publicly, which are bugger all to do with fear!
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can live quite happily without this kind of debate thanks.

Other people's problems in this field are not of sufficient interest to me - sorry.
Damned good thing I didn't entitle the thread “Swedish Flowers” and entered it into the Gardening Section. People might have got the wrong idea and dropped in unawares.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;791528]
Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
I would have thought that any normal man would have learnt all this after just a couple of sexually active years. What is wrong with men in Sweden, are they like Over50 posters, afraid to talk about the subject.

Who said they were afraid to talk about this?

There are many other reasons someone may not wish to discuss it publicly, which are bugger all to do with fear!
Just going by previous responses , similar to this "I can't imagine why you want to discuss this on a senior forum. We are not sexually active boys & girls"
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 08:22 PM

You shouted the word ORGASM for some reason
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
You shouted the word ORGASM for some reason
That was a very wise move.
It was so that the subject matter was OBVIOUS at a glance.
And those who are a bit shy of the subject had time to run for cover!

Tell you what, if this thread ends up in Trash I shall have to take my leave.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top