Join for free
Page 50 of 51 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:50 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

And how do homosexual animals breed and propagate ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's not over till the fat lady sings Summer....

Perhaps the vaccinations will render people unable to have kids.....Just a thought....
Shucks, I wish I hadn't had the jab now, I want a baby now I wont be able to
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:00 PM

Is it time for me to don the tin foil hat?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Homosexual behavior in animals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...ior_in_animals

Example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201...sexual-animals

Startling, indeed ..... ..... but "normal" .....
Well, it may be 'normal', but one thing that nature ensures is that no two males, not even two females, can possibly procreate without the assistance of the opposite sex.

The only way that humans can overcome this limitation is by the interference by surgical procedures to change a person's sex, or by adopting a child of a normal person.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
And how do homosexual animals breed and propagate ?
Apparently, they use ingenuity:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201...sexual-animals

Other animals really do seem to be lifelong homosexuals. One such species is the Laysan albatross, which nests in Hawaii, US.

Among these huge birds, pairs are usually "married" for life. It takes two parents working together to rear a chick successfully, and doing so repeatedly means that the parents can hone their skills together. But in one population on the island of Oahu, 31% of the pairings are made up of two unrelated females. What's more, they rear chicks, fathered by males that are already in a committed pair but which sneak matings with one or both of the females. Like male-female pairs, these female-female pairs can only rear one chick in a season.

The female-female pairs are not as good at rearing chicks as female-male pairs, but are better than females that go it alone. So it makes sense for a female to pair up with another female, says Marlene Zuk of the University of Minnesota in Saint Paul, US. If she did not, she might manage to mate but would struggle to incubate her egg and find food. And once a female forms a pair-bond, the species' tendency towards monogamy means it becomes life-long.

There is even a subtle advantage for the females. The system means that they can get their eggs fertilised by the fittest male of the group, and pass his desirable traits on to her offspring, even if he is already paired with another female.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Shucks, I wish I hadn't had the jab now, I want a baby now I wont be able to
I might be able to help you there, LQ.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, it may be 'normal', but one thing that nature ensures is that no two males, not even two females, can possibly procreate without the assistance of the opposite sex.
Procreation may not be possible but "child-rearing" amongst homosexual animals is well-documented (see my post regarding the Laysan albatross, above).
Vlad
West Midlands UK

07-05-2021, 03:07 PM

So does Nature abhor homosexuality, because it leads to the extinction of that species?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

07-05-2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
So does Nature abhor homosexuality, because it leads to the extinction of that species?
Nature seems to encourage it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homose...animals#Bonobo

Bonobos form a matriarchal society, unusual among apes. They are fully bisexual: both males and females engage in hetero- and homosexual behavior, being noted for female–female sex in particular, including between juveniles and adults. Roughly 60% of all bonobo sexual activity occurs between two or more females. While the homosexual bonding system in bonobos represents the highest frequency of homosexuality known in any primate species, homosexuality has been reported for all great apes (a group which includes humans), as well as a number of other primate species.

Dutch primatologist Frans de Waal, who extensively observed and filmed bonobos, believed that sexual activity is the bonobo's way of avoiding conflict. Anything that arouses the interest of more than one bonobo at a time, not just food, tends to result in sexual contact. If two bonobos approach a cardboard box thrown into their enclosure, they will briefly mount each other before playing with the box. Such situations lead to squabbles in most other species. But bonobos are quite tolerant, perhaps because they use sex to divert attention and to defuse tension.

Sheep

Ovis aries has attracted much attention due to the fact that around 8–10% of rams have an exclusive homosexual orientation. Such rams prefer to court and mount other rams only, even in the presence of estrous ewes. Moreover, around 18–22% of rams are bisexual.
I lived in Wales for 7 years, surrounded by sheep ..... and I never knew that .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:57 PM

I don't think it's any surprise when you consider that the main function of any animal, be it furry, feathered or otherwise, is continuation of species, and it is programmed into the mind and made so enjoyable and stimulating that no species can resist mounting another of the same sex merely for gratification regardless of the results.

Page 50 of 51 « First < 40 48 49 50 51 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top