Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:36 PM

Re: Performance Appraisals

Acting and the workplace should be distinct, they were not, retrospectively, lets hope the snowflakes have had some influence in this department.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The closest I ever came to being appraised was when I was sat in the office with my boss when a customer rang up asking how long until his diamond abrasive wheels would be finished (it was the job I was working on) My bosses reply was: "I've got my best man on it"..... Say no more!
Ah sly old grey fox- if your workmanship on your metal detector project is anything to go by, I’m definitely certain you were the best man!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It should be joyful, never being appraised again, and the icing on the cake being, the original appraisers are long gone, on the negative side, there is no conversation to be had anymore, apart from Chewing the Cud.
Spitty, you served your time labouring away and you deserve a well earned rest. I just thought that you all would have some great stories to share!

I’m still doing my time and I have a long way to go to reach retirement so any tips or just experiences helps!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2021, 10:52 PM

Just wanted to see a persons credentials, before being asked where I saw myself to be in a given amount of years.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-02-2021, 10:54 PM

What right does anyone have to ask that question, even in a work capacity?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-02-2021, 10:56 PM

Answers on the back of a postage stamp.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

04-02-2021, 11:14 PM

Then there is the deliberate pause.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-02-2021, 08:20 AM

The most important skillset I found in 70s & 80s White Collar circles was the ability to appear to be doing something productive, whilst not. Creating this illusion usually involved treating the workplace like an extension of a persons social life, most exploited the work life balance in life's favour, and, managed to get paid handsomely by the hierarchy, for not blowing the whistle on the scam, bloody actors.

The icing on the cake was having the time to sit on the "Performance Panel" and judge the "Understudies".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-02-2021, 11:24 AM

To get into the middle echelon of the organisation back then, you needed an Equity Card, not an ASTMS Card.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Ah sly old grey fox- if your workmanship on your metal detector project is anything to go by, I’m definitely certain you were the best man!
You're very kind Minx, thank you....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top