Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 03:36 PM

Re: World naked Gardening day today :)

I know you that there are cultural differences between our countries, but I really don't understand why you all expect your vegetables to wear clothes.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to get melon vines through the armholes of shirts and keep hats on tomatoes. Sweaters (jumpers) on cucumbers? Abusive!!!

Further, to exploit naked cacti, fruit and vegetables (the way God intended) by mocking them in shared photographs seems especially cruel.

Sorry, but my tomatoes, eggplants, limes, peppers, and plants will continue to live and thrive as God intended - in all their naked glory! I have every intention of teaching them to be proud of their bodies, while affording them their privacy.

Get those awful clothes off those poor veggies and offer them more respect. For shame!
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I know you that there are cultural differences between our countries, but I really don't understand why you all expect your vegetables to wear clothes.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to get melon vines through the armholes of shirts and keep hats on tomatoes. Sweaters (jumpers) on cucumbers? Abusive!!!

Further, to exploit naked cacti, fruit and vegetables (the way God intended) by mocking them in shared photographs seems especially cruel.

Sorry, but my tomatoes, eggplants, limes, peppers, and plants will continue to live and thrive as God intended - in all their naked glory! I have every intention of teaching them to be proud of their bodies, while affording them their privacy.

Get those awful clothes off those poor veggies and offer them more respect. For shame!
How cruel to dress vegetables up, there should be a vegetable protection society.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
The lady next door does naked gardening, she’s quite brazen about it, she showed me her clematis, she said she used to like it in the border, but it was best up against the wall, then she asked me how my shaggy soldier was doing, I said it wasn’t as good as my stiffcock which I said would be magnificent this year, she asked about her husbands sticky Willie, I thought it didn’t look good and might benefit from her giving it a hand with some supports, our gardens should be lovely this year

These are all real plant names btw..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 04:18 PM

If you have photos of your naked cucumbers or unclothed clematis please do feel free to share
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If you have photos of your naked cucumbers or unclothed clematis please do feel free to share
I would, but they are terribly shy!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I just saw this trending on twitter and was intrigued.... Apparently this is an annual event on 1st May.

There are some great twitter photos of people with strategically placed plants. The best one was a man holding a large cactus!

So would you do this? Would you ever be able to look your neighbours in the eye again?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...f-Morning.html

I don't go naked in my garden but often in my boxers - I have a 6ft fence all round so I don't frighten the horses.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 09:46 AM

The lady next door does naked gardening, she’s quite brazen about it, she showed me her clematis, she said she used to like it in the border, but it was best up against the wall, then she asked me how my shaggy soldier was doing, I said it wasn’t as good as my stiffcock which I said would be magnificent this year, she asked about her husbands sticky Willie, I thought it didn’t look good and might benefit from her giving it a hand with some supports, our gardens should be lovely this year

That must certainly be my 'post of the year' Primus, bloody awesome mate....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That must certainly be my 'post of the year' Primus, bloody awesome mate....
Ta, glad it raised a smile
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

02-05-2021, 01:53 PM

Now I know what's really going on in all those "garden shows" .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top