Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 05:08 PM

Re: My slabs.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Go pink, Pauline and have glitter round the edges - fairy lights would make it sparkle at night time.

(kidding...!)

😂🤣😮😮......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 05:19 PM

Hi, Pauline.

Have you thought about pressure washing?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, Pauline.

Have you thought about pressure washing?

That is a good idea,surfermum, I did have my decking pressure washed a few times, I’ve decided to keep them natural looking and encourage the moss to grow on them, after all the garden belongs to my wildlife, I just keep it tidy and cut down,...they love this garden, especially for nesting and my 2 small water features ,they love washing themselves in them, makes me happy just watching them,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-05-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Have you thought of decking?

I have just started clearing the deck stain, as you can see, a little more to do, I would have finished it by this evening, but I’ve had to come in as it’s raining, darn annoying that is.

dood, what do you think about light creosote on the decking, does that flake?

I’ve looked it up,but can’t find any information about it.

I know the dark stuff I believe has been banned.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	70486D8D-DF35-47CA-83F9-0CF7F4A45AF2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	15414   Click image for larger version

Name:	CEDF871C-D1AE-483F-BFF0-EB4E4D0CD16B.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	15415  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have just started clearing the deck stain, as you can see, a little more to do, I would have finished it by this evening, but I’ve had to come in as it’s raining, darn annoying that is.

dood, what do you think about light creosote on the decking, does that flake?

I’ve looked it up,but can’t find any information about it.

I know the dark stuff I believe has been banned.

I think you will find ALL creosote was banned back in around 2003/4 Pauline, doesn't matter if it's light or not.

It was banned for amateur/domestic useage because it is harmful to health.

I certainly wouldn't dream of touching the stuff if your dog has to walk on it. Not only does it stink for ages, it'll take the skin off his pads - unless you lend him your slippers!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-05-2021, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think you will find ALL creosote was banned back in around 2003/4 Pauline, doesn't matter if it's light or not.

It was banned for amateur/domestic useage because it is harmful to health.

I certainly wouldn't dream of touching the stuff if your dog has to walk on it. Not only does it stink for ages, it'll take the skin off his pads - unless you lend him your slippers!

I have bought some light creosote today from Wilco,and will be painting my fence with it.

I’ve decided to leave the decking natural, buying a couple of outdoor rugs from Lidl tomorrow, I hope they have some left, will post a pic if I get lucky.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:05 PM

I have bought some light creosote today from Wilco,and will be painting my fence with it.

I’ve decided to leave the decking natural, buying a couple of outdoor rugs from Lidl tomorrow, I hope they have some left, will post a pic if I get lucky.

I may be wrong Pauline, but I would imagine it was the Creocote you were able to buy, not the original Creosote.

Have a look here, I just found this and it explains it better than me.

What is the difference between creocote and creosote?

Creocote is an oil-based, effective treatment for exterior wood developed as a safer, more environmentally friendly alternative to Creosote. ... Creocote can be used on a variety of exterior woods not only to protect and preserve but also to improve grain definition.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-05-2021, 05:58 AM

Just checked the container,yes,it’s creocote, which will be going onto my fence,I should have gone to spec savers, do you see how things get mis said when one doesn’t read the container properly.

Some people are in to much of a darn rush, that is the problem when you have been a single parent for over 30 yrs, I have lived my life in the fast lane.

Now I’m retired,I’m finding it hard , “ still” not to rush.......note to self....take time to read labels.....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 07:30 AM

Meg and everyone else, I decided against the paint for the slabs, it looked to artificial and yes I will encourage the moss to grow, I don’t have lichen, that too looks nice, I honestly don’t know what gets into my head at times, I’ve always got to be creating something, not always for the best either.
Thats me too Pauline...I look for things to do and its not always an improvement. Having said that I have plenty to do right now
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-05-2021, 08:57 AM

I managed to purchase the outdoor rugs at Lidl this morning, I would have liked the grey colour, but they had sold out, I’m hoping to make a feature of my decking area, I am going to buy some small trees and bamboo to put into large pots, that way I can keep them to the size I like, once they take off.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	09B7A046-2054-4298-8073-083E3DD251F3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	15417  

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top