Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 06:35 PM

Re: Lovely sights to make your day

Originally Posted by Losos ->
When I take our two dogs for a walk along the river, we eventualy reach a slight hill, at the top someone has installed a wooden bench. I sit there and look out across the rolling fields and sometimes in the far distance a farmer is working his field, at this time of year I can also see birds, rabbits, ducks, horses, donkeys, sometimes a swann.

The three of us sit there and all enjoy the peace and tranquility which is virtually unobtainable anywhere else these days.
I love this post - I can picture the scene very well, twould be a bit of Heaven to me too
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 07:04 PM

I don't see them very often but when I see a wren it makes my day .

When all the snowdrops are out it's very special .

In May when the bluebells are in full bloom the sight and smell of them I love .

My little grandson laughing always cheers me up
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hi Tiffany - I thought it would be birds for you
My favourite sight is the wagtail, I feel my heart will burst with joy at the sight
Always the birds Patsy. Pied Wagtails are charming, they seem to have taken over a lot of our supermarket car parks.
There are Grey Wagtails on our river. I do like to stand on the bridge & watch those & the Dipper if it's around.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 09:35 PM

I've got a little Robin too Patsy. He comes every morning and sits and watches me as I do the bird tables for the day. I always talk to him.

I am always thrilled when the first of my roses blooms too. I just love the perfection of the petals and the delicious heady perfume. Nearly all my roses are heavily perfumed. My other favourite flowers are my Cottage Pinks, again they are such a beautiful perfume.
I love my flowers, and always think it is such a shame that florist flowers have no smell.

I confess I'm also happy when I wake up and feel my oldest dog has sneaked up next to me during the night. She is only about 7KG, so I rarely feel her arrive. She is a crafty little monkey and is never on my bed when I go to sleep, but she sneaks up during the night after I have nodded off so's I won't know! I do love her, and I confess I find it comforting to feel her little warm body next to me.

Lastly, I love being anywhere where there are views across greenery and open fields. The feeling of space and a kind of freedom is soooo good.

I could sit and watch the sea all day, but sadly, rarely have the chance any more and I am too far inland where I live.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Always the birds Patsy. Pied Wagtails are charming, they seem to have taken over a lot of our supermarket car parks.There are Grey Wagtails on our river. I do like to stand on the bridge & watch those & the Dipper if it's around.
That's where I see them - I have a tear as I write just picturing them. I miss Pepi the blackbird that used to come here each year, his tree was cut down (opposite my window) and we have not seen him since
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2016, 05:21 PM

I always check the 'pet box' in Asda, fool of goodies bought by the customers to pass on - great idea and lovely to see it full
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2016, 04:36 AM

What made me first smile today was just seeing the sun shine!
Because of that I was outside (still chilly here) , and heard the birds having a good old sing-song!
I also saw some birds taking the dogs fur that I leave out for them (in the woodshed) for their nests. I always imagine the baby birds snuggling up against that lovely soft fur.

I love seeing how my boys (the dogs) frolic around still, even though all 3 of them are seniors.
Their joy is so simple, but such a delight to be a part of.
Danged if I can keep up with them though!

Life's pretty dang good when you enjoy the simple stuff!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
What made me first smile today was just seeing the sun shine!
Because of that I was outside (still chilly here) , and heard the birds having a good old sing-song!
I also saw some birds taking the dogs fur that I leave out for them (in the woodshed) for their nests. I always imagine the baby birds snuggling up against that lovely soft fur.

I love seeing how my boys (the dogs) frolic around still, even though all 3 of them are seniors.
Their joy is so simple, but such a delight to be a part of.
Danged if I can keep up with them though!

Life's pretty dang good when you enjoy the simple stuff!
Every word - perfect
Big grin from me

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top