Join for free
Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Re: Do you ever think...

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think everybody has got a forum persona which differs from their real persona in varying degrees.

Online I'm more likely to walk away from a row but in real life I'll stand my ground, the reason being that online (to me) doesn't matter hugely so therefore it's not as real as real life.

In real life I will argue and stand my ground as it's more likely to affect my actual real life.

That sounds confusing but I know what I mean

I'm the opposite. Offline I don't have political debates or stand my ground on discussions. I go for harmonious relationships and getting on with someone is more important than stating my opinion. If I don't agree with someone on politics or religion etc. in real life I will just listen and then change the subject.

Forums are great because you have the freedom to have an opinion without the risks that would have to your popularity in real life.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 08:46 PM

I've been addicted to the net for years. It sucks you in and it's like you need a fix like needing a coffee or tea or cigarette if you smoke. It's not so bad now and I am actively thinking a digital detox might be a good idea. I tend to go online in between being very busy doing everything. I do it to relax or if I can't sleep at night I might log on. It's escapist to just switch off and log on.

But I do think people have lost the art of simply being quiet in the moment. Our minds are constantly buzzing with too much information.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:04 PM

My name is Missy and Im addicted

I really can not go a day without logging in

I need the net for my music, my tv, my forums, social net working, whatever, I just can not go a day with out being connected
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:07 PM

I think we should conduct an experiment and all give up OFF for a week, could I do it? Hmmmm probably not
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I think we should conduct an experiment and all give up OFF for a week, could I do it? Hmmmm probably not
A week? Pah! Do it for a month
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:12 PM

Some can, but, they usually activate the "Porxies".
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Some can, but, they usually activate the "Porxies".
Ok Spitty, gimme a clue, what's Porxies
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Usually, someone working on someone else's behalf, but, that was in the old days, it is now possible, in real time, for the afore statement to be apparent, without the need for a third party.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

02-09-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Usually, someone working on someone else's behalf, but, that was in the old days, it is now possible, in real time, for the afore statement to be apparent, without the need for a third party.
ok, thanks spitty, but I'm still no wiser lol
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

02-09-2018, 09:51 PM

Glad to be of service.

Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top