Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:20 PM

Re: If someone was to walk through your front door right now...

Proud of ashamed? Neither! The memsahib keeps our place clean and tidy. The only messy thing is Snot but he spends most of the time eating, snoozing, or wandering outdoors for ---. Trouble is appearance wise he's as near a double for Greebo of Terry Pratchett fame as could exist in real life.

To quote from The Master --- "Feared in the forests of Lancre by all animals, he is the father of most of the cat population in the area.

Flea bitten, with scars all over his face and his partially present ears he is a huge swaggering bully of a cat - renowned for once chasing a bear up a tree. He has a green left eye and a milky white right one. He is intelligent for a cat, but uses three categories to define the things he sees as "rape, fight or eat." This is the cat that Nanny Ogg refers to as "Mr. Puss-puss," and sees, in her head, as a cute little bundle of fluff - yet everyone else calls "gerroffyerbugger!!!"

So ignore Snot and we're OK.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
That oven door is spotless, Besoeker, I'm very impressed.

Would you like to see a photo of what it would look like if you hadn't cleaned it since last January?
By all means.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:30 PM

Anyone would feel comfy here (especially a Z3 Aficionado) and would not feel the urge to scratch.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:33 PM

With two cats and a dog who's mission in life is to rip every piece of paper into tiny shreds, it's not as tidy as I would like. Then there's the dog toys to contend with.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Those of you citing Covid rules aren't playing the game, are you?? Pretend!! Well at least one or two of you gave sensible answers, lol.
That would be me. Gave the sensible and truthful answer first and then wrote an intended light-hearted sentence second.

Don't know where I went wrong but obviously did.

Our house is most often tidy but Mrs mart complains I don't dust it enough. It looks OK to me but maybe a visitor would notice. In fact, thinking about it, someone once did. Mrs mart was ill in bed and a friend came to see her. While standing at the end of the bed, she, almost subconsciously, ran her finger along the top of the bed's wooden foot board and then looked at the dust on her finger. I'm sure it wasn't meant as a criticism but I noticed the action and did a bit of dusting after she'd gone.

Edit: typo
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 12:15 AM

I am not house proud, sure I do sometimes shove the Dyson around & have even been known to dust too, but if people come visit they find me & my house as we are, I do not care.
I am a hoarder so they sits where they can too, usually on a hard chair as my bears & dragons have taken over those. I do make them a drink though.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Proud of ashamed? Neither! The memsahib keeps our place clean and tidy. The only messy thing is Snot but he spends most of the time eating, snoozing, or wandering outdoors for ---. Trouble is appearance wise he's as near a double for Greebo of Terry Pratchett fame as could exist in real life.

To quote from The Master --- "Feared in the forests of Lancre by all animals, he is the father of most of the cat population in the area.

Flea bitten, with scars all over his face and his partially present ears he is a huge swaggering bully of a cat - renowned for once chasing a bear up a tree. He has a green left eye and a milky white right one. He is intelligent for a cat, but uses three categories to define the things he sees as "rape, fight or eat." This is the cat that Nanny Ogg refers to as "Mr. Puss-puss," and sees, in her head, as a cute little bundle of fluff - yet everyone else calls "gerroffyerbugger!!!"

So ignore Snot and we're OK.
I have known cats like Greebo. Wonder if Terry ever had one as well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
With two cats and a dog who's mission in life is to rip every piece of paper into tiny shreds, it's not as tidy as I would like. Then there's the dog toys to contend with.

Good for you Dongle.
Home is for you and yours to be comfortable and content, and not to try and outdo/impress the neighbours.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 12:48 AM

Well, I've nothing to be proud of but I wouldn't be ashamed either.

Mines a bit untidy most of the time but it doesn't bother me. This is mostly because I don't put stuff away when I've had it out. It does look nice when I've cleaned up but it's soon untidy again!!

Jazzi - I can't understand why you've got two airers full of clothes when they've been in the dryer? I usually fold mine from the dryer & put in a neat pile somewhere - usually on top of the dryer.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Would you be proud...or ashamed?

Various sets of dry clothes hanging over doorways on hangers.

The back room? Oh, pulleaaaaaze!! Two airers, full of clothes that were in the WM, then dryer.
both chairs (trousers, blouse, fleece, and a kaftan).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 12:53 AM

Not long ago l went to my friend’s house. His house is immaculate as he’s got a cleaner.
I sat at the island in his immaculate £30,000 kitchen and his cat jumped on the top (TutTut!) and came towards me.
Next thing, l felt a sharpness on my arm. I looked and there was only a flea off the cat biting my arm! I had two bites.

The point of my tale is.... my house might be a bit untidy at times but you’ll never get bitten by fleas!

Maybe, a cockroach but never a flea!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top